Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Does size matter.....? Lock Rss

Posted by: mars!
I think it depends on your love for shiny things lol. If mine had been small (very ashamed here) But I would of been disappointed. This makes me ound horrible, but I do have a love for diamonds so it had to be the right one iykwim? I think its rude to tell someone theirs is small though
[Edited on 11/08/2009]

Same here! DH had my ring made from a picture I had found. I absolutely love it and still look at it everyday! Yes, it was expensive but DH wanted something that he knew I'd love, and we could afford it at the time. I still would have married him if the ring cost $50.
I would never be so rude as to comment or judge anybody else their ring.

That's just silly, it is definately the thought that counts. How rude can you get, I mean really??

I'm usually quite embarassed if someone I know asks, cause it is alot of money to spend on something you wear on your hand, even if it does symbolise something very important.
It doesn't matter at all! You marry for love not for money. My engagement ring was expensive but DF had worked his butt off saving for it and we could afford it at the time. Makes me laugh as the diamond is tiny as I didn't want a raised ring so from far away it looks like nothing. I would have been happy with the $200 ring he bought a year earlier for my birthday to be my engagement ring as it meant so much knowing it was from him regardless of size or price.
I think that her ring is gorgeous, even if it isnt a huge rock. To me spending $7K on an engagement ring is absolutely ridiculous. I couldnt believe it when she called me, and even tho i didnt say it to me friend, thas a huge part of the reason she is her friend and not mine!!

Posted by: bothboys
Friend of mine just got engaged, and the ring was under $1000, she just called me upset coz another friend of hers is saying she cant believe she said yes when he had such a small ring....i think her engagement ring was around $7k and is HUGE!

I personally thought that the point was that you love the other person so it didnt matter, but guess it does to some people....so does size (or $$) matter.....

If your friend is upset cos her friend has a more expensive ring than her, then she needs to question why it is exactly that she is wanting to get married?

A friend of mine will not wear jewellery that doesn't have a HUGE price tag on it and I just have to laugh to myself. I am not a jewellery buff so I couldn't tell the difference between a $1000 ring and a $5000 ring! Ha ha!

My engagement and wedding rings were brought as a set, and DH paid $350 for BOTH of them 9 years ago. We had just bought our first house only weeks beforehand and I would much rather spend money on that than have him struggle to buy me a $5000 ring!

My rings are still looking great and sparkly too! Ha ha!

My engagement ring is my husband's great grandmother's engagement ring..I love it..nothing too big, its very very old, but very individual and beautiful.
I do know some people though who HAVETO have a ring worth a few thousand dollars..what if you lose it? lol I lose little things too easily!
Posted by: *Fruchoc*

If your friend is upset cos her friend has a more expensive ring than her, then she needs to question why it is exactly that she is wanting to get married?

She was upset because her other friend was saying that she shouldnt get married coz the ring was too small, not that the other girls was more expensive. Just that her friend was being so negaticve when she was so happy to be engaged, and that she didnt care about the ring, just marrying her boyfriend.

could be a can ring pull for all I care.
your friends friend is obvious spoilt, shallow and materialistic
Posted by: bothboys
Posted by: *Fruchoc*

She was upset because her other friend was saying that she shouldnt get married coz the ring was too small, not that the other girls was more expensive. Just that her friend was being so negaticve when she was so happy to be engaged, and that she didnt care about the ring, just marrying her boyfriend.

Ah, sorry. My apologies, I did read the original post wrong and thought you were friends with the other girl as well. smile

Sign in to follow this topic