Huggies Forum

Trampolines - again!! Rss

I know there has been a post done before but I can not find it.

I want to get my boys a trampoline for Xmas but I am hearing bad things about the Kmart, toys 'r' us ones in regards to the netting just disintegrating.

So...who has one? Where from? Pros and cons. Price? Anything else I need to know.

Oh and are these new spring-less ones the be all and end all and worth all the money and does anyone have an in ground tramp?

That is all my questions for now. I am sure I'll think of more!
Hi there! We bought a 12ft round trampoline from Target almost 2 years ago now and have had NO trouble with it at all.

I have friends who have bought trampolines from Kmart and Big W and the netting is black and flimsy. One friend even had her DS fall through between the netting at the edge of the trampoline because it is so flimsy and loose. Defeats the purpose of the netting really.

Our trampoline has blue netting which is actually strong enough for the kids to run at it and bounce off it! The mat around the springs has started to wear in places now, but we have had it out in the weather for almost 2 years now, so I don't think thats too bad.

I can't remember exactly but I think we paid just over $300 for ours 2 years ago from Target. They were having a sale on them at the time though too I think.

The only issue I had with ours was that it was so high and the kids couldn't actually get into it! So we just bought a cheap plastic slippery dip from Big W ($25 or something like that) and it fits perfectly underneath and so now the kids can climb up the steps and get in and out the trampoline easily.

Thanks for that!

Looks like I'll have to spend the weekend looking at different nets.
Posted by: *Fruchoc*
Hi there! We bought a 12ft round trampoline from Target almost 2 years ago now and have had NO trouble with it at all.

I have friends who have bought trampolines from Kmart and Big W and the netting is black and flimsy. One friend even had her DS fall through between the netting at the edge of the trampoline because it is so flimsy and loose. Defeats the purpose of the netting really.

Our trampoline has blue netting which is actually strong enough for the kids to run at it and bounce off it! The mat around the springs has started to wear in places now, but we have had it out in the weather for almost 2 years now, so I don't think thats too bad.

I can't remember exactly but I think we paid just over $300 for ours 2 years ago from Target. They were having a sale on them at the time though too I think.

The only issue I had with ours was that it was so high and the kids couldn't actually get into it! So we just bought a cheap plastic slippery dip from Big W ($25 or something like that) and it fits perfectly underneath and so now the kids can climb up the steps and get in and out the trampoline easily.

I could have written exactly that so I AGREE!!!

Hi!

Here is our trampoline

http://tinypic.com/r/259detf/3

Its 16ft and holds up to 150kg so adults can use it to. We paid $400 delivered for it off ebay (Open Sesame has one too but hers is the 14ft one) and they are great value for money. Its really sturdy and the kids literally bounce off the side nets and back onto the tramp as the nets fit really well lol
We're looking at getting one off ebay too. The prices really aren't much different to the shops, but (the one we looked at, at least) seems SO much sturdier. Even comes with a free ladder!
Posted by: Monkeymandz
We're looking at getting one off ebay too. The prices really aren't much different to the shops, but (the one we looked at, at least) seems SO much sturdier. Even comes with a free ladder!

We checked out the ones in the shops first too before turning to look at these ones on ebay. We had to bid for awhile for the price we got it - but it was definitely well worth the wait ... the quality is miles above what the likes of Target etc sell theirs for for the same price
i just bought a 10ft one from kmart and havent had any problems. ds runs at the netting and havent had any dramas. there is no way you can fall between the strings if you tie the netting properly.

mum to one goregous boy

Weve got a Kmart one, its 2 yrs old now & all the padding around the tramp is rotted needs replacing, and the mesh could probably do with replacing fairly soon too.
The actual tramp seems quite strong. Just not happy with replacing the pads & net so soon.
just so you know most trampolines, swing sets etc will have to have parts replaced from 2 years.

Hills Swing sets need to have their seats replaced every 2-4 years ( depending on which set you have) and trampolines netting and padding every 2 years because of the UV factors.

I would be checking your booklets and warranties for when the replacement would need to be required in order for the play equipment to be safe.

some cubby houses ( plastic variety) and play gyms are exactly the same ( limited life span due to UV factors on the plastic)
For those who purchased off ebay can you recommend thwe seller you bought from.

I just had a look and there were a few and all look pretty good, so recommendations would be great.

Thanks
i just got one the other day, it should be posted tomorrow. its a 10ft one, and i paid alot more than i should have, but i dont care, cause i NEEDED the ladder, and it will fit beside the house, saving valuable yard space. i put a max bid in of 300 and i think they had someone bidding at last second, cause i did that with 10 seconds to go, and it went to a total of 220ish, when i put that bid in (cause of last persons max bid) then when aution finished it was exactly 300?? go figure. oh well. its 95 postage. for the 14 ft ones i was looking at, it was like... 177-260 postage to get it here, so i dont mind paying a bit more for the tramp with cheaper postage lol.

and its still rated to 150kg.

the only problem is, do i set it up immediately and let them play, or do i make them wait till christmas haha, would be lovely if it made it here by friday! even better if here by thursday (her party) but i doubt that it will!

Sign in to follow this topic