Huggies Forum

Is it really really bad to.. Rss

..colour you hair when pregnant?
I'm already going nuts with my hair it really needs a retouch but I'm nine weeks pregnant and rather live with horrible hair than hurt the baby..
I'm blonde too so you can really see it..
My dr told me its not really bad (they are unsure if there is any effect on bub) its that your hair may react differently to when you arent pregnant. I know alot of people who have coloured thier hair while pregnant with nop effect on bubv
I also asked this question earlier in my pregnancy. There were lots of different answers. I decided to colour it myself at home, as I find the smell quite strong in the salon. My morning sickness is smell sensitive.

Best of luck.

Mr Reed born 20/1/2010. Too cute smile

That's what my doctor said too that they are unsure so that what worries me..
I was thinking when I see these pregnant celebrities with perfectly coloured hair but still not really sure about it..especially because it is blonde so that is quite strong with the peroxide and all..lol..
Posted by: ebay addict
I also asked this question earlier in my pregnancy. There were lots of different answers. I decided to colour it myself at home, as I find the smell quite strong in the salon. My morning sickness is smell sensitive.

Best of luck.

Yeah I always colour my hair at home..salon blondes tend to go yellow on my hair ..never liked it..
Tell me about the smell sensitivity..I can smell things from miles..lol..
My husband said I should get a job as a sniffer dog..lol..
I was told that they're not sure whether the chemicals will affect the baby but they're usually not used often enough during pregnancy to be of any harm.
There are also certain hairdressers that have special dyes for pregnant women that are supposed to be completely safe.
Having said all of that, it is a personal choice, as I am too paranoid to dye my hair while pregnant.

I died my hair blonde in the salon and baby and I are both ok. I don't yet know anyone who hasn't done it. You make the choice on what you think is best for you and bub.
It's ok. I dyed my hair once in both of my pregnancies. I had bleach when pregnant with DD1 and a darker colour when I was pregnant with DD2. My hairdresser just doesn't put in on your scalp.

My hair was red when i was pregnant and i think during the whole 9 months i dyed it probably 2 or 3 times. If you are blond, they recommend that you get foils or streaks so the peroxide doesnt touch your skin etc
Thank you all for relies..
I guess I will do it once I really have enough of my bun..lol.
That's how I can wear my hair now so it is not as noticable..

It is recommended you don't colour your hair while pregnant as the hormones in your body are different to when your not pregnant and can react different with the dye and not come out with the desired result. It's not so much the chemicals will hurt the baby, pregnant women work as hairdressers and if the chemicals were going to hurt the unborn child don't you think they would be advised not to work?

Go for your life but don't be surprised if the colour isn't what you expect it to be... smile]
I would not colour your hair where the chemical touches your scalp, I read up on a study where the chemicals can be detected within 10 minutes in your bloodstream. Having foils would be different because it is only on dead cells and shouldn't touch your scalp, does that make sense? There is also some great chemical free colours you can get from health food stores, they are limited in colour range and really don't do a great job, but may be worth a try. If you are in doubt, don't do it smile
Sign in to follow this topic