Huggies Forum

Holden Commodore Keys... Rss

For a VY to be precise!

Has anyone managed to get a new one for under $140?

Hubby reckons he read/heard somewhere that they had one done for $40! Im having trouble finding someone under the $140 mark. Holden are a couple of hundred.

Damn computerised things!!!

3 Little Ones to Love.....

We have a VY Lumina Commodore Wagon and my keys have just started to be very tempremental when it comes to unlocking the car. I am dreading it when I have to replace them as I too have heard they are very expensive.

DH used to have a VU Commodore ute. He had controls for his stereo on the steering wheel, one of the volume buttons fell off it a while back. We weren't able to replace the button but had to purchase the whole thing to go back on the steering wheel for a cost of $140!!! We were selling it at the time so just paid it.

I do love Holden's but when it comes to little things like that, they do get quite expensive.

If you find of a cheaper place to get the keys, let me know cos I have feeling that ours will need to be replaced soon too. Eeeek!

They are only $100 here Kylie, If you want me to get you one send your spare down and i will sort it out for you.
A couple of years ago when we had our VS it was around the $80 - 90 mark for one, but it was cheaper if we got two, (which we had to anyway). That was from Mister Minit.
Holden wanted to charge double!!
Tell me about it! It gives me the irrates! My car has started playing up when tryin gto start it, just because of the damn key being nearly completely stuffed!

Manda, is that for my model? I know the two button keys are cheaper! I need a 3 button one though. smile] Let me know xx

The FM was told that last week for his VX i will check it for you babe.
Posted by: 2*cheeky*monkeys
A couple of years ago when we had our VS it was around the $80 - 90 mark for one, but it was cheaper if we got two, (which we had to anyway). That was from Mister Minit.
Holden wanted to charge double!!

They gave me a price of $139! takes them 10 minutes too apparently! I should start up my own business! lol

My husband asked those key people in shopping centers and they said $80 for him...
Posted by: LolliBel
The FM was told that last week for his VX i will check it for you babe.

Oh Thanks! But Im not sure where my spare is! lol I will have to hunt it down!!! Where was his quoted from? perhaps the same place is up here and i can just take my original in to get done if i cant find spare! I know the spare is pretty cactus too though! lol

I will ask him babe, He is out on the mine today so no phone. I will get back to you asap.
I brought mine off ebay for around $40 for the black button bit (with the 3 buttons) and a blank blade, we then got the new blade cut and went to a mechanic who then coded the new button key thingy for us
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-Commodore-Genuine-3-button-remote-key_W0QQitemZ110406129202QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b4b7d632&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This is the same as what i got
Sign in to follow this topic