Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Friend from mums group not very responsible

Friend from mums group not very responsible Rss

Hello everyone

one of the girls from my mums group told us the other day that she leaves her 14 month old in the bath ring in the laundry sink while she goes into her office or the kitchen! I was sickened!

anyway last week she went into the kitchen then went back to check on her little boy and he had climbed onto the washing machine!

I was so shocked I said you can't leave them they are really mobile! I couldn't believe the other girls didn't say anything!

This girl also gives her little boy cold cooked chicken in case when she is overseas she can't heat things up!

Do other people find this terrible of her?

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi Melis

When I read this, I can't believe it. It is so wrong and irresponsible. I really can't say much else still gobsmacked over it.......

Rachel, TAS (Paige 21/6/02)

The bath thing is pretty shocking! I do leave Maya (18mths) in her bath while I take the stinky nappy to the laundry, but it takes less than 30 secs, and I talk to her the whole time, plus I can see her (she has a bath on the floor in a big plastic tub with a non-slip lining). I can't imagine leaving her in a sink where she could fall or slip tho! That's so irresponsible, and it only takes a couple of minutes for a kid to drown!
As for the chicken, I wouldn't make a habit of it, but Maya does occasionally eat leftover cold meat. Not because I'm worried about heating it up, just coz it's what I'm eating. But you do have to be so careful with food poisoning. I got salmonella last month and I was crook as a dog, but sooooo glad that Maya didn't eat the same thing so she wasn't sick!

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

she sounds like fruit loop!what happens when the son gets food poisoning?

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi there, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read your post. I'm still in shock!!! Honestly though, some people just aren't meant to be parents. I'm totalling disgusted by this women in your group. How could she so careless, unmotherly and so so irresponsible? Its an accident waiting to happen. And as for her feeding her little one cold chicken, mate if it wasn't cooked fresh on the day, I wouldn't even think about giving it to my little one. If its not good enough for me to eat - its not good enough for my little one either.
Is there something we can do about this? Is there anyone we can inform? Poor little kid. I feel so sorry for him / her. sad
Hello Everyone

I agree with you all! i have thought about wondering who i can say something to its just not right

I don't think I explained myself properly she actually cooks the chicken or whatever she is giving him for dinner say that day but then puts it in the fridge for later to give to him and instead of heating it up so it is lukewarm or take the chill off it she just gives it to him cold

her husband works overseas and she was saying when her and her son go to visit him she doesn't want to have to worry about finding somewhere to reheat her sons food so has gotten him use to eating it cold

I think that it is disgusting I would never give my little one food that is suppose to be eaten warm, cold

bye

melly

get off your high horse, we all do things that not everyone agrees with. Maybe this person doesnt have good parenting skills and is why she is in a mums group and she wants your feedback. She should have known re the bath thing that it is a safety issue and you would be quite right to tell her that it is not safe.
Hello Buzzy

there is no need to be rude I was just showing concern about my friend from mums group

thanks to everyone else for their thoughts they were very helpful

bye

melly

I agree with the bath issue-she's taking a huge risk leaving a child near water without any supervision.

I'm not too sure what the problem is with the cold cooked chicken? My son actually prefers his food cold (even though it is heated) he usually mucks around until it is stone cold and then eats it.

Jo

mum of 1

Not being rude Melis, just pointing out that not everybody parents the same and as a friend you would advise her of the possible risks to her child. It could be a case of her not being aware of the dangers of bathing alone and risks of salmonella. As parents i think it is our job to pass on info we have that may help others.
the bath thing i understand it only takes a second..

but the cold chicken thing i think is obsurd. i give my little girl cold cooked meat. we eat cold chicken and salad and stuff like that. i eat meat cold when its been cooked from the bbq
if its RAW its another story but if its cooked that day or whatever... who really cares.

in a way i kinda agree with buzzy we are not perfect parents we all do stuff another parent would not agree with....

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

I do know we are not all perfect parents I am not saying we are at all.

But you see there are only things this girl does that really makes you wonder! like she never heats her little boys bottles up she just gives it to him at room temperature (this is formula I am talking about)

The bath thing that is no the first time she has left him alone its the first time he has managed to crawl out of the trough!

All the food she gives her little boy like vegetables or whatever are cooked that day but when it is time for him to eat them they are served to him cold

Sign in to follow this topic