Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. how do you find balance - you, baby and husband?

how do you find balance - you, baby and husband? Rss

hi guys, i'm the mother of bella, six months and have just found out im pregnant again, due in april. i was a bit of a workaholic before getting married and having a bub, and am enjoying it immensely. bella is georgeous and life is great.
we have mothers group mondays, tuesdays housework etc, wednesay mums and bubs, thursday gym and swimmin, friday we meet with mums from antenatel classes. its a nice life, but i feel like i'm missing something. i know that being a mum is an important job, but i want to feel like im growing as well these next few years.
is anyone studying or have any ideas, how do you find the balance of youself, your relationship and being a mum?

shell

bella, 03/03/04, baby 2 due 07/05/05

Hi, I don't mean to be morbid but I accepted soon after my first baby that my life was put on hold for a while. Just for the time the kids are little and dependant, then I hope to gradually gain back control of my life. Back to the career I worked so hard for. I just remember that the kids are only little once and I don't want to miss it. Maybe you are missing something because your whole life is about the baby now and not about you anymore:) I know I had trouble adjusting to this.
I did do some volunteer work for a while and my resume benefitted out of that as well. Studying may be the thing you need but what field are you in?

mum of 3

hi, thanks for your reply. i don't think it's morbid to put your life on hold and my husband and i have made the decision to stay at home to spend those precious times with our children. we were both not fortunate enough to have our parents time when we were younger.
it is a huge adjustment and i wanted to talk to other women to see if any of them are having the same feelings.
i was a travel consultant and am doing a day here and there temping which is fun. ive spoken to a few people who have been out of the workforce for a long time, and are scared and feel unskilled to go back in, your world gets so much smaller when you are a stay at home mum. previous to that, i was in the fashion industry.
how old are your children and what work were you in?
i dont want to sound selfish and i treasure my role now as a mother and running the household, i would like to have a complete life and relationship with my husband and the outside world as well as cups of tea and baby talk. is it possible? - do you think or do we just have to put everything on hold.
there are lots of other issues involved, i lost my mother three years ago and i guess im in a hurry to have it all, like i dont have forever. i'm working through these feelings,

shell

bella, 03/03/04, baby 2 due 07/05/05

Sign in to follow this topic