Huggies Forum

excuse this house Rss

a friend from playgroup gave this to me last nite & i thought i would share it here.

some houses try to hide the fact
that children shelterthere.
ours boast of it quite openly,
the signs are everywhere.
for smears are on the windows
little smudges on the door
i should apologise i guess
for toys stren on the floor

but i sat down with the children
and we played & laughed & read
and if the doorbell doesnt shine
their eyes will shine instead
for at times i am forced to choose
the one job ot the other
i want to be a house wife
but first i will be a mother

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I really liked that vkw - thanks for sharing it with us.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Here, Here... what a great little peom!

With a 21 month old and a 7 week old my house has been neglected, but my children's precious hearts have not been neglected!

Thanks for that...

Michelle
Thanks Vkw

I've been feeling really down about how messy the house seems to always be lately. Your little poem picked me right back up as it made me remember that my most important job is done even if I do end up breaking my ankle on the cars scattered in the hallway or cutting my feet to pieces on the lego!(they should be classed as lethal weapons!)

I'm actually going to write it up nicely and print it out and do it up on a little plaque to keep in my entrance. (don't know when I think I'm going to get the time to do it, so it might end up a task for my mum).

Barbara
Oh what a great poem! I also am going to do it up nicely and place it on display! I have always had to tell my In-Laws that first my children will be cared for, happy and have full tummies AND then I will do housework!
Love this.

I used to be a clean freak before I got pregnant and now my attitude is, I'll clean when I can and if I can't, well I can't.

If people do not like the toys everywhere and little fingerprints on windows etc, then they don't have to visit. My priority is being a mum and having fun playing with my son. My husband thinks this is a great attitude, plus he helps around the house when he is home.
I also love this poem. I intend on placing a beautiful printed copy in my friends card when her baby arrives (mid Jan 05), she is a perfectionist and soon will realise that this poem is true.

Rachel, TAS (Paige 21/6/02)

What a great idea Rachel! I think many of us get so caught up in this thing of having to have a perfectly spotless house for our children to live in that we forget what's really important. Although I must say, it would still be nice to have that lovely clean house look to last just a few days rather than a few hours. I just keep reminding myself that the time for that will come all too soon and then I might find myself wishing for my roudy children back home again. Then I'll be wanting the grandchildren over just to keep the house looking like I'm used to. LOL
Barbara
Great poem!!!
Amazing how many of us are in the same boat. I don't work half as much as my mum did but I still can't seem to get on top of the housework so I've really had to change my attitude towards it and now I don't stress half as much as I used too. This poem will keep me going on the right track:-)

Bett, NSW, 2 boys & Twins 19.2.08

I use to be a 'WONDER WOMAN' wannabe, no sleep, clean house takin care of Daddy. Why! Blast the house, I'm a Mama not a house B#%*h. Thank for the pick me up!!

MissMae

I love it, lately I have been chasing my tail, so I might just print it out and superglue it to the front door! lol

1 monkey, 1 diva = the love of my life

It truly does make you realise that those dishes are alwayas going to be there, but those beautiful children are going to grow up while we are to busy clean. smile Love it.
Sign in to follow this topic