Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies Poll on Circumcision Rss

it is sitting at around 60% for NOT having circ'd their baby boys.
And around 30% for having it done.

Do you think, as a pregnant mum considering whether to have it done, this sort of statistic would affect your decision?
I hear a lot of people say they want them to look the same as other boys but it seems the tables have turned on what the majority are doing.

im not interested in whether its the right or wrong thing to do, but do polls that like play a role in your decision making process?
Nope.

I/we make parenting decisions based on what is right for US. How we make that decision varies depending on what it is, and some of them are also re-evaluated from time to time. I've learned, and accepted, that I am not likely to do what the majority will do. LOL

do boys really go around comparing penis's?
i can honestly say ive never seen another girls vagina before.

and no, if its something important like that, i would not care what other mums think.

no...

btw, the last statistics i read on it was 60% uncirc'd, 30% circ'd electively and 10% circ'd medically.

Posted by: blue06pink09

lol
well maybe not boys but DH and his friends have on going jokes about theirs LOL

I can honestly say we do what we think is right for us and ours rather than following the crowd.

We didn't get Munchkin done and won't get poppet done. I simply feel that if they weren't meant to have it, then they wouldn't be born with it wink

Hubby has his own reasons (I've respected his feelings as he respects mine and it helps that we agree)

Love my boys M-10/05/08 J-01/12/09

are you talking about the stats on huggies or the stats out in the "real" world?

on huggies im pretty sure the answers were either yes, no or undecided.
i dont have a boy so to see what the results were i clicked undecided LOL
Strange, my DH is done, but when I found out I was having a boy I didn't even think about it... the first time I thought about whether I would have it done was when I read about it on here, and that was after he was born...

I haven't done it and I wouldn't have it done unless it was medically necessary, I can't see the point for my DS... but what's for me, isn't always for others.

No, the poll would make no difference to my decision smile
Posted by: blue06pink09

and no, if its something important like that, i would not care what other mums think.

Just wanted to add bahahahaha!!!

I can remember when I was about 11 or 12, being in the changing room at the school pool and we had just all been swimming and one of the girls, yes only one had pubic hair and her standing there with no clothes on going to the rest of us "girls", "look girls this is what a real womens body looks like,", and I just remember turning around and cracking up laughing at her showing her growler (and that's exactly what I thought hers looked like, hence the name), to everyone... smile], I was and still am very mature, hehe...
I was only looking at the results of that poll when I logged in and thought to myself... "Oh wow, I would have thought that the YES would be the biggest response." Not sure why, I guess people I know are leaning more toward having it done and I figured that circumcision was on the rise again.

We didn't have DS done, but that was DH's decision. I was a bit of a fence sitter, so left the decision up to him, cos he was the one with the penis! lol!

Not at all.

to be perfectly honest if I was pregnant with my first child and knew it was a boy I would probably take this poll into consideration ...I certainly wouldnt not bace my final decision on a forum poll ...but I would add it to the rest of the info I have gathered for sure !!

as for do guys know ....My brother went to an all boys school and they used to play basketball with teams being ..helmets v beenies !! lol lol lol ...I always knew he was a little strange !! lol lol lol
Sign in to follow this topic