Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Chat. Anyone can join in:) Lock Rss

hello, my name is Karen
this is the first time i have gone into the huggies chat so im not really sure how it all works
im keen to chat to anyone my e-mail address is [email protected]
Please in the subject put huggies and your name so i know its not a virus
thanks

karen, NSW, 20mth baby

Hi ladies, i havnt been in for a while how are you all?

mummy to 8 month old Bailee Koral

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the chat. grin Just tell us a bit about yourself and take it from there.

My name is Susan. I have a seven month old son named Benjamin. I live in Sydney and have just gone back to work two days a week.

Hope you enjoy it here.

See Ya round,

Sooz

Sooz, Sydney, Benjamin 1/5/04 & Keira 15/9/06

Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me any tips or idea's? I have been trying to get my son into daycare for more than 6 months now but there just aren't any openings. I really need to return to work due to financial reasons. My son's grandma has offered to watch my son 2 days a week so i can go back to work, my problem is i just can't find a company that wants to hire me for only 2 days most companies have wanted me to work 3 days a week minimum which i just can't do as i have no one else that can watch my son for me. Does anyone have any idea what sort of companies i can approch who are mum friendly??

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Larnie

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

Hi Larnie, where abouts do you live? There is an opening at my daughters daycare in the toddler room. But if you only want to work two days aweek, try going to coles/woolworths. They aren ot fantastic jobs, I know i worked for woolies for three years!. They do employ casuals of any age, and are usually pretty good at giving you what you can work. I started there at two days aweek, and eventually moved on to four days a week. There is also opportunities for those wanting to move up to managers etc.

i hope i have helped...

Allison, mum to Jazmin (22mths)
Hi Allison,

Thanks so much for your reply. I am moving to underwood, Brisbane on the weekend. I would like to work 3 days a week but his grandma can only watch him 2 days. My partner actually works for woolworths and he is being trained to become a manager. I was just wondering where other mum's had worked to give me idea of the best companies to try.

Thank you again

Larnie

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

Hey Larnie, i hope you can work something out. It is hard. My bub is only in daycare two days aweek but goes to her dads on sundays as well. I just do avon at the moment to earn some extra $$$. Maybe you could try doing something like that.

Allison
Hey Larnie,
some banks employ ppl on a casual basis ... they train you for the job so you don't need to be already qualified, I just don't know if they'd take someone only two days a week! I'm sure by mid january, daycare places will have some vacancies, they're probably really full now because parents are working more as everwhere is busy this time of year!
Itherwise a supermarket is probably your best bet at the moment!
Good Luck

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi everyone this is my first time of chat talking. I am a separated mum of 1. I run my own business & on average see my girl 2-3 times a week life is hard.
Hi Mish,

Life does sound hard... But think yourself blessed for the time you do see your daughter..

What kind of business do you run? I am looking for siomething to do from home in the future and would love to hear other peoples experiences!!

Where are you from?

Leah, mum of Kade 03/11/04

Hi all

Just wondering how everyones doing havent been able to chat latley crazy time of the year trying to catch up with everyone so that I dont feel I have left anyone out.

Hope everyone has a great christamas only 25 days to go.

The count down has begun.!!!

smile smile smile

Storm 21/04/04,Blade 21/09/05 + one on the way

Hello everyone,
I haven't been on for a while and as usual I'm on when there is no one on!!!
Christian turned 1 on Saturday and thank goodness everything turned out fine... we had nice weather, lots of food and everyone turned up and had a good time. Poor baby fell asleep by 9:00... too much excitement I think.
Anyway I'd better go, just thought I'd say a quick hello and I hope everyone is doing well.
Bye for now.
Sign in to follow this topic