Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

PET HATES... Lock Rss

I thought it might be interesting/funny to share some of our pet hates.

These are a couple of mine (please don't take offence, all in good fun).

I hate when people pronounce 'th' as 'f'.
I hate when people use 'seen' instead of 'saw'.
For eg. 'I seen John today.'

Anyone else?
I'm a sub editor by trade so I hate when I see words on signs in the supermarket or cafes etc. spelt incorrectly!!

For example, when espresso is spelt expresso, it grates me to no end!!!!!!!!!!

Kirsty

LOL I remember that campaign! (Logan was born at Nepean Hosp).

Logan 03/05/05 Lily 06/11/06

I am a stickler for pronunciation also! On TV, for an ad for All Saints, the head honcho played by John Howard says ' I haven't done nothing'. I actually said 'I haven't done anything' to the TV. Hubby looked at me a bit weirdly......! I am always correcting the way he says something also!
My other pet hate is being asked for something when it hasn't been looked for. Hubby will get out of the shower and ask meif he has any clean jocks. I ask if he looked in his jock draw - 'NUH'. HELLO? Where else would they be unless they were dirty??
And that is just one of many things that get asked!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

LOL... we say Biscetti sometimes because that's how my sister used to pronounce spaghetti when she was a tot.

I believe it's cap not cup... wink Too much Kath and Kim perhaps (cup-of-chino)? LOL

I also hate it when those Indian telemarketers ring up at about 6pm every 4th night, wanting to talk to you. My phone is still under my maiden name, so when they ask for that I telll them they must have the wrong number! I still hate being rude to strangers on the other end of the phone, so its my polite way of saying bugger off! It always seems to be while you are dishing up tea or bathing your kid or your favourite weekly show is on!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Sign in to follow this topic