Huggies Forum

Open discussion Lock Rss

Posted by: gkn
Posted by: *alana*
we live in nz smile]

Anywhere near or in Auckland? I was born in Auckland and moved to Australia when I was 13.

im in napier. my father and his family live in auckland tho
Posted by: Cam and Jacks mum
nikky what are you studying at uni?

jenny when in april is your DSs birthday? DDs is on th 19th

Camerons Birthday is the 15th, its such a fun ages that they are at now

lol fun is one word. Deena is a very energetic kid with a very short attention span lol apparently a lot like me as a child
nikky what are you studying at uni?

Bachelor of Science, majoring in Physics and Human Biology.

wow sounds intense. how long is it?

3 years, plus a prep course I'm doing at the beginning which is 6 months, so 3.5. But I'm aiming to do honors which adds another year. I also would like to do the research side of science, which means I will need a PhD, I think that's another 1 or 2 years, but I will probably do the PhD part time so I can get some scientific work experience.

My mum was born in napier, we used to go down their to see my grandfather when I was little. I remember White Island too (I think that's what it's called) is that near napier?
Oppps, forgot to update my ticker, think i've got it right now!

Claire is only 2 weeks old, so i'm very new to the world of being a mum! Lots to learn, but they say that doesn't change, even with the second or third! wink

I'm a stay at home mum too, but help my husband run our farm, so lots to keep me busy!

Posted by: (Ash)
I'm a stay at home mum too, but help my husband run our farm, so lots to keep me busy!

What kind of farm?
Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya.....

just making daisy chains, make looooove not war ya'all
Hey guys,
I'm Emma, I live in Auckland and I have one DD who is 19 months. I'm studying too at the moment, just finished my foundation course and am doing my Bachelor of Health Science majoring in Midwifery.

Hi everyone im Rachelle 22 with 2 boys Brayden almost 4 and Austin 5 months. We live in QLD... Im a stay at home mum, i go to TAFE but my goal in the next 3 years is to get into UNI to study Midwifery....

Just a question to those who already study or are about to... Have you sat your TEE or hwo did you get into UNI? I nave finished school so im looking into doign STEPS to try get in with in the next 3 years... Just want to wait this year out untill my youngest is over the 1 year mark LOL! Any advice would be great! Thanks
Hi all,

my name is Amanda. DD1 is 7, DD2 is 14 months and another DD is due in April.

I work in accounting and am doing a Diploma in Rural Business Management. I have also completed 2 years of a 3 year nursing degree (then decided it wasnt for me).

I live in Rural NSW and at the moment am working part time and also do some work from home.

I am originally from QLD, went to school and Uni there before moving to Newcastle and now here.

Sorry for the long post but it is a very brief snapshot of my life
Posted by: *Just~Perfectx2*
Just a question to those who already study or are about to... Have you sat your TEE or hwo did you get into UNI? I nave finished school so im looking into doign STEPS to try get in with in the next 3 years... Just want to wait this year out untill my youngest is over the 1 year mark LOL! Any advice would be great! Thanks

I got into uni because I have completed a Diploma at Tafe, that meets the entry requirements for most courses. I have to do a prep course for the first 6 months before I start the Bachelor of Science because I have never done TEE maths or science.

There are lots of ways to get in to uni, you could do the STAT test or go back and complete year 12 TEE at one of the senior campuses. Also completing the Uni Prep course that I am doing meets the entry requirements for most courses, but it has it's own entry requirements. This is in Perth though, it may be different in QLD, but probably similar.
My mum was born in napier, we used to go down their to see my grandfather when I was little. I remember White Island too (I think that's what it's called) is that near napier?

white island is about a 2-3 hour drive north of napier.

i take my hat off to all you mummies that are studying. it must be so stressful juggling study and a family
Tailia+mia+ bumble - Where abouts in rural NSW? You can pm if you want.
Sign in to follow this topic