Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. demerit points for p2 drivers ??

demerit points for p2 drivers ?? Lock Rss

that are caught speeding ?? inquiring for a friend ..... and i dont want the whole speeding is wrong speach and how it's his own fault and blah blah i am just asking if anyone knows thanks

MUM TO RJ 28 10 03 & EJ 23 07 06

Hi there, P2 drivers have 7 demerit points that they can lose before losing licence. Unless it was over around 35kms (dont quote me) then they can lose there car as well, With the new hoon law.

Hope that answered your question
thanks forgot to say were in qld ... think he said he was about 10 k's over on the high way so hopefully wont be to bad ! thing is his friend was behind him and even he said it was wierd because he's usually the careful one lol but every one will prob be caught once in there life time i spose .... stupid mistake think he'll pay even more attention from now on lol

Hi im in Sydney and a friend lost hers for 10k"s over but she didn't pull over at first cos she thought he wasn't after her.So she prob got in more trouble for that.
from what I could find on the queensland transport site he will probably get

Less than 13 kilometres per hour (km/h) over the speed limit: A$133 + one demerit point.

If someone with a p-plate accumulates more than 4 demerit points in a year they get a notice of 'Accumulation of Demerit Points — Notice to Choose'.

They then have to choose whether to have their license suspended for 3 months or going on a 12 month good behaviour thing where they can't get more than 1 more demerit point on their license.

here is the site I got all this info from.

Hope that helps.

Leisa.
In NSW the penalties for P1 and P2 drivers is quite dramatic. He will lose 4 points plus the fine. P1 drivers lose thier licence for 3mths with any speeding violation.

Cheers Ness

Does anyone know if its still double demerits?

wow- the NSW laws are tough! I live in the ACT (in a little bubble i think :b)laws here are totally different to NSW
There is no p1 or p2- it just red p's for 3 years and no special restrictions (they can do ANY posted speed limit, even in NSW) but only 4 demerit points, or if you choose after having your p's for 6 months, you can do what they call the "p-off" course once completed your points double and you can remove the p-plates from the car. I never bothered with that.

thanks hopefully it'll only be the 1 point and a fine ! will let u know when he finds out thanks again !!

Sign in to follow this topic