Huggies Forum

First time Mums Lock Rss

Hi there

I am 22 years old, and a first time mum. I am returning to wok 26th November, for 17 hours a week. I am pretty lucky as my hours are 8 - 1.30 pm, and my partner work 3 - 11.30 pm. This means we will never see each other - but at least our son will always have someone with him!! But my first 4 weeks are fulltime!! I am dreading being away from my son every day

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

Hi Everyone, I'm also a first time mum with a 16 week old baby girl. I'm currently on Maternity Leave up till June next year and my parents have offered to look after my baby when I go back to work. But I'll also put my name down for local childcare centres - I've heard the lists are years long!!! Would love to hear from anyone interested in a chat about motherhood my email address is marinejaso@hotmail.com.

Miriam,Qld, girl 28.07.03

Hello Kj!How are you doing? I'm a first time mum to my beautiful 17 month old daughter.I've been married 6 years and am 31 years old.I work 2 days at our local child care centre,and I'm lucky as my little girl comes with me!I'm in the 2-3 age group and she's in the room next door,0-2 age group.It"s fabulous!I have the best of both worlds!I returned to work when my daughter was roughly 10 weeks old (due to lack of $).Would love to hear from more mums!We can all help out each other!Say hello today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mum to two gorgeous girls!

Hi , I'm 22, married and mum to a beautiful 4 1/2 month old girl. I'd love to hear from other 1st time mums. When you are used to working full time and suddenly you're house bound it gets pretty lonely.

Emeilia 24.06.04, Holly 13.12.05 #3 due 21.11.07

hi!
i would love to find out about any jobs from home! i work 35 hour weeks, my partner works nights,
and i feel like i should be home with my little girl! if any one has any ideas, please let me no. my email address is littlestarr04@hotmail.com.

AJ, NSW MUM TO KAILEY, 9MTHS

hi everyone,

I am also a first time mum to my beautiful 16 month old son joshua. I still haven't returned to work as i just can't find any childcarefor him. I am a single parent and have no family to watch him either. I have been on every waiting list in my area for almost 6 months now and am still waiting for a childcare place for him so i can return to work.

I love being at home with my son but it would be great to be able to make some more $$$ it is tough being a single mum and having to pay rent,bills and everything on your own.

Larnie

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

HI Larnie...... have you managed to get a childcare place for your little boy??....... If not, just keep ringing every 2mths or so to find out where he is on the list. Centres often update their waiting lists every 6mths or so and parents often leave their kids on Wait List even though they may already have them in care elsewhere........ (this is not fair for the genuine in need parents needing to go back to work either)...... I have gone back to work in Nov 2002 (lara was 4mths at the time). Its now Jan2005 and she is nearly 2 1/2 years old. She has now been going to a centre 2days/wk since Nov 2004... She now loves it!!!....... Incidently, I was only able to get her this place because this particular Childcare Centre had built a brand new centre close by and lara was shifted to the top of the list for this centre....... phew!...... ..... My advice to you is to keep ringing and keep ringing.... hope this helps.... laras mum.

leviniaa, NSW 4.5yr old daughter

Hi,

Thanks for asking, but no i still haven't found a place for him. I have been calling and harassing them all the time but they just keep saying to call back in 3 months. There is a new childcare centre being built atm within walking distance form my house and i already have him on the list there so hopefully he will get in there if something doesn't come up before. I would like to go back to work 3 days a week but i am finding it hard to find a company that wants to hire me for 3 days only. There are plenty of fulltime positions around but just not enough part time positions.

Thanks again
Larnie

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

Hi everyone. My name is Tammy I am 25 (in feb) and I have a 7 month old daughter. I would love to hear from any of you. I live in Cranbourne so if you live nearby maybe we could get together? tamcuddlybear@yahoo.com.au.

FAMILY DAY CARE offers excellent child care, and is cheaper than a day care or kinder. It may be worth ringing your local council to see if you have a scheme running in your area.

Any way I hope you are all well.
Tammy

Tammy 28, Rhiannon 14-06-04. morwell

Hi Tammy..I'm new to this site. I am also first time month of Joshua, now 4.5 months. I am still a bit confused whether I should go back to work or not.

Sometimes I feel a bit boring at home, doing nothing and just go to shopping makes me feel so bored. But I could not go back to my previous job cos it required lots of time and energy which I don;t have anymore smile)

I think I'm just happy to work part time as anything, but worry have to put Joshua on Day care. Haven't really planned yet what to do smile)

I live in south east suburb, I think a little bit far from Cranbourne smile)

Good luck to u...
hi, i'll be a first time mum in september and currently work in childcare. i know about the ridiculous waiting lists and the lack of spaces for working mums however my sister in law went through the same process putting the 'monkey' on wait lists before she was born and managed to get only 2 days when monkey was 3 months. her employer was pretty good about it and slowly increased days as they were available. have you tried famliy day care? my suggestion is keep persisting with phone calls to centres cause you might just get lucky!!
hi kj i too am a first time mum to a 5 1/2 month old boy. i am also currently on maternity leave untill 21st dec this year but i some how dont think ill be going back as i love staying home with my precious boy. i am 24 and married.you can email me if you like on adamtheo@optusnet.com.au
Sign in to follow this topic