Huggies Forum

apples??? Lock Rss

morning girls my daughter wants to take apples to school and this being her first year she is not use to the time periods of eating, so it takes her too long to eat it when it is full. So i want to cut it up for her to take but they always turn brown so question is how do i stop it turning brown?

thanks

Larissa Charlotte Brayden

lemon juice
put it in a container with water and lemon juice
Sprinkle them with lemon juice and then put them in an airtight container.

She may not like the initial taste of the lemon juice though!!

I find that if I cut mine into quarters and then put it back together and wrap it tightly in gald wrap it really helps with the discolouration.

Posted by: oki
I find that if I cut mine into quarters and then put it back together and wrap it tightly in gald wrap it really helps with the discolouration.

I do the above too, or I just take the core out and wrap it. DD2 just started prep a couple of weeks ago and she very quickly learned that she has to hurry up at lunch time or she ends up hungry.
sprinkle with orange juice works as well as lemon juice and tastes better.My fussy boys still have theirs cut which is better, not as messy when eating in class as part of the crunch & sip programme.I just put them into airtight snack containers and the apples ar fine maybe just a tiny brown but not too bad

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic