Huggies Forum

Swine Flu Shot Lock Rss

Swine Flu season is upon as.. will you be getting the swine flu shot.. will your kids be.. if your pregnant; are you going to get it...

People have advice me to get it being pregnant.. what do you think?

I wont be getting it, my kids wonts be getting it and I didnt want it when i was pregnant.

In my opinion it was rushed and it hasn't been tested enough.

Hi McMum,

Thanks for the reply. True point on the fact that it hasnt been tested enough

Posted by: McMum
I wont be getting it, my kids wonts be getting it and I didnt want it when i was pregnant.

exactly what i was going to say.
I didnt want it at all but went to the docs for another reason and pretty much pressured me into getting it. (do they get paid for however many people they can jab?)

Mary-jane 08/07/06 George 19/07/07

My DH and I got it, but I wont let DD have it. If I was pregnant I wouldn't have had it.
My best friend had swine flu as did her son, they were both very sick for a month. She was 7 weeks pregnant at the time. All are fine now
I'm not getting it, even though Jon and my Dr have hassled me about it. I just don't like needles though wink

The lil man will be getting it on the recommendation of his pead... I wont be as i dont feel its necessary

As for the drivel about it not being tested enough.. its just that drivel... (those statements have as much vaildity as the aliens building the pyramids lolol)if you've got concerns look up the WHO site at least their information is reputable
[Edited on 17/02/2010]

Good you bought this up purple mummy, saves me asking smile.

I agree with most about the testing . I have only really considered it since i will be heading back to work in two weeks in the city so i thought it may be a good idea .
I was going to see if anyone had kids under 1yr old that got it.

But i have since decided against it , more so now they have said a more resistant super swine bug will prob reach aus before winter, which to me would mean the vax wouldnt work? correct me if im wrong.

TKS

Posted by: McMum

That's what I think too. I'm quite sure that we all got swine flu last year, and although it wasn't nice we got over it.
see, that's the thing tho. I am incredibly cynical & find it hard to believe anything. LOL

All i see is that we had an epidemic sweeping across countries & they quickly needed to 'fix' it & all of a sudden, we had a vaccine for it.

I would never get on the vacc merry-go-round, we all do what we feel is right for our kids, my kids have had other vacc's, but not this one - something just doesnt sit right with me.
Posted by: Mick
I didnt want it at all but went to the docs for another reason and pretty much pressured me into getting it. (do they get paid for however many people they can jab?)

yes they do and many drs run clinic days for it so you only see the dr for a matter of minutes but they still get paid by medicare.

I wont have it and now refuse to see the nurse who gave my dd her immunisations because she treated me like an idiot putting my family at risk for not wanting it done.

I have done my research and there is no way i will do it.

i''''m baking a baby

Sign in to follow this topic