Huggies Forum

SWINE FLU VAC????????????? Lock Rss

Hi

I am just wondering has anyone had there children vaccinated from swine flu?

I got mine done yesterday and have ended up quite sick from it, with a really bad flu. so i am a bit worried about giving it to our girls who are 21 months and 4 1/2.

so had anyone had there children done and were they ok afterwards?
I think the Swine Flu vac for kids 6 months to 9years is to be given in 2 doses 28 days apart. Just something to think about..
I haven't had it though, nor have the kids, so I cant comment on our reactions
My DD is 17months and had the swine flu shot yesterday, she goes back in 1 month for the second shot as it is given in half doses.

I was told it's not a live virus, so it can't give you the flu.
Yeah well that's what i thought too. But i then did some reading on it after i got sick. And it says some can get flu like symptoms, headaches, nausea, tiredness.

Which is unfortunately what i have.
Posted by: my2bubbas

There are two different H1N1 vaccines and one of them is a 'live' one so it would pay to ask which one you received. I don't think they are giving the 'live' one to children though...but again don't quote me on that. LOL

Now many people will tell you that it is pure coincidence that you got the flu when you got the flu jab while others will tell you that they experienced the same thing. I don't get flu jabs so I can't comment personally.

A couple of people in this thread have given their kids the vaccine if you want to have a look at what they had to say.

Yeah i have heard the children's one isnt the same as the adult one. Thanks for the link.
Posted by: C_hippie_kiwi
Posted by: my2bubbas

There are two different H1N1 vaccines

Is the other the 'Live, attenuated intranasal vaccine'? Or is there another live one?
Me and my 3 kids they are 5, 4 and 18 months have had it done and none of us have had reactions or got sick from it.

Larissa Charlotte Brayden

DP and I have had ours and our DDs had their second shot about a month ago.. No reations at all here with my two girls smile
My 3 year old has had both doses (the 2nd dose was 2 days ago). So far he hasn't been sick from it.

The year before, he had the seasonal flu shot and he got a really bad cold (or flu??) after that. Not sure if it was a coincidence or from the shot.
Ok, just an update. I ended up getting the girls doen yesterday for there first dose and they were fine. Not even a red mark. So we go for the second dose in a month. smile thanks for all the replies.
The flu like symptoms you get are just similar to wat kids get from their vaccines at 2 4 and 6 months, in a way its a good thing cause you know fro sure your body is haaving to work to make the immunity!!! If the symptoms last more than 24 to 48hrs, chances are high its not vaccine realted and you've just picked up a virius somewhere and its decide to come out today!!!! Just another Q how much is the swine flu vaccine for adults???

Sign in to follow this topic