Huggies Forum

Ending Pregnancies Rss

Posted by: farmgirl80

My husband is deploying to Iraq. That in itself is something to deal with. We planned the end of the year because his second deployment would be over by the time the baby would be born
, we would have moved and the children would have a larger age gap and easier to handle. It wasn't about wanting to terminate it was reasons to think about it. We have however decided to roll with the punches and accept what has happened, just need time to soak it in. I only found out yesterday and didn't sleep much last night. It seems daunting now but I will look back one day and think it wasn't all that bad.

If you need some one to talk to that understands what you are going through with your husband deployed please feel free to PM me. My DH was deployed last year for 5 months while I was pregnant and had 3 other kids under 4 to look after too.

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

We are glad you have worked out what you want.
Because really, that's what it is all about.
Good luck and congrats
I know its your body and your choice, but you've obviously posted for opinions, mine is NO WAY!!! Sit down with your hubby when you arent likey to get interuppted and discuss it. Can he get another job that sees him not working away? is daycare for your others one or two days a week an option?? If i was building and got preggers and bub was due around moving time WOOT WOOT - it either help induce labour OR i'd be in hossy resting whilst DH and co did all the work (ROFLMAO) anyways builders are usually out by at least a month in thier estimates!!!

Seeing your baby was concieved whilst you were on contraception, maybe s/he is just meant to be!!!!

I am personally against terminations, but I don't judge anyone for doing it. I just figure, that like you say - this baby has already beaten the odds. Maybe it's meant to be?? Personally, like some of the others, I would keep it & just cope to the best of my ability. Good luck smile

Well I stumbled across this thread yesterday and decided to bite my tongue but now that i am already signed in thought i would give my PERSONAL opinion.

There is no way I would ever terminate a pregnancy just because the timing wasn't right. In fact I could only ever do this is there was going to ba a major disability for my child.

there would be no discussion as it would NEVER enter my mind to do such a thing

Hamish & Harrison "together forever"

I completly agree with Flaps, I could NEVER terminate because of timing or because my husband works away. And to all those who are saying she should be more respectful of her feelings, if she can't cope with what Flaps has said, how do you think she's going to cope later down the track with terminating a life?? This lady has asked for peoples opinions on what they would do. With this topic, I don't think saying Yes or No is enough, people should be giving the reasons behind WHY they feel the way they do.

To me, abortion for the sake of the stated reasons is offensive to those people who have lost children, or can't have children.

Ash, I have lost babies and have trouble conceiving and didn't find it offensive. I do however have a husband in the military and realise how hard it is when they go to a warzone.
So please don't speak for me!

Posted by: Katey G
Ash, I have lost babies and have trouble conceiving and didn't find it offensive. I do however have a husband in the military and realise how hard it is when they go to a warzone.
So please don't speak for me!

Sorry, but i'm not speaking for anyone other then myself. I think if you reread my post you'll see that i start that of with "For Me", meaning that I feel, not you feel. What I've written is purely my opinion, not what I think others must or do feel, so I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

Sign in to follow this topic