Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. what the hell is going on in Australia?????

what the hell is going on in Australia????? Rss

Posted by: bridie-jo
Posted by: *Just~Perfectx2*
but they sure aint Aussies

An Aussie is someone who happens to just live on this patch of dirt. No better or worse than any other human being on the planet. It is only an accident of atoms that you or I weren't born in an Indian toilet.

I think you need to get off your high horse on this one. YES we see you opinion now see ours!!!
I can understand the frustration, when things are difficult within your life and it feels like other people have priority over you because they were born in a different country. I guess the thing to remember is that a lot of people who immigrate to Australia have a variety of barriers that many of us cannot even begin to imagine (especially if they have come over as refugees). I can understand the frustrations regarding non English speaking people who claim benefits - but I guess if you have to think that there are a large number of people who come to Australia who probably have very little ability to read and write in their own language - can you imagine how difficult it would be to learn another language when you can hardly read or write in your own. There are always going to be people who rip off the system - but I guess remember that you never really know what is going on behind the scenes.

[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] *Just~Perfectx2* [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] bridie-jo now see ours!!! [/quote] oh, I saw them.
i am going to have to agree with the OP to some extent. it does not seem to make much sense to me either.

But i sure do love this country despite all of that.
The world is full of inequities and injustices. If you spend your days feeling hard done by because of these things, you will simply end up bitter and jaded.

Better to be proud of your own efforts to support yourself and your family than to spend too many hours pondering why the world is as it is.

Having said that, the squeaky wheel does get oiled first - perhaps that may have something to do with things too.
You want to know what sh!ts me off MORE than what the OP has described??

'Aussies' that rip the system off! But hey, that's a whole other thread!
Posted by: LA78
the squeaky wheel does get oiled first

Love that!
I talking about the "government" Rudd government, Howard government....they are all the same.

We are very lucky to be born into Australia but i believe it's the luck of the draw!!

You may think i'm narrow minded but this is how i feel, i'm all for this multiculturalism but i think that we should only be allowing ppl into this county if they can give back and contribute to our economy and not become another statistic!!

I agree that i dont really know what their situation is etc but what about my situation and other Australian born ppl that are really doing it tough....i spent a few months in a shelter and i know a lady that has 3 kids and she has been living in a shared womens shelter for over 18 months now, she is on the priority housing list the whole time and where's her house!! I'm not doing so bad now and it's not a priority that i get a place coz i work hard paid and unpaid....my whole feeling is that i feel a little disappointed in the way things are!!
To be honest the housing issue does irk me We have been on the list for 13yrs and have yet to be offered housing. Yet some people arew able to skip ahead of the list and no I dont think an immigrant should jump ahead of struggling families that were born here in Australia that is racial descrimination. But then again I think its discusting that those in public housing can destroy a property one week and the next week are rehoused in another public house.

As for Centrelink many of our immigrants these days are actually refugees so of course they deserve the same financial assistance as everyone else, they still have requirements to remain eligable.

Cheers Ness

Posted by: Creative_Ness
To be honest the housing issue does irk me We have been on the list for 13yrs and have yet to be offered housing.

this annoys me too. my 'bad' sister has been in and out of housing trust homes her whole life. she'll have one, then she will get a private rental, then she will get another housing trust home. each time she vacates the home she leave a mess that costs them thousands of dollars yet they give her another one over and over again. i dont actually believe there is a list...

oh and she was always late on her rent or not paying at all. so she leaves them with masses of debt and yet the government gives her a bond for private rentals ALL THE TIME.
[Edited on 23/02/2010]
I can understand yoru frustrations ..unlike you I am a racist person ...cant help it ..I try not to but it seeps out when I am not looking !! lol lol lol

I hope this doest come accross in the wrong way and if it does then please forgive me !!

I actually think your doing ok ....you CAN pay for childcare ...you CAN pay your bills ...you CAN pay your electricity ...I undersand by doing this you go with out and it is certainly tough on your own ...I am fully aware of the financial dificulties from doing things on your own ...but from the short post you have posted (obviously there is more to your life then what you have written in a HUggies post !! lol lol ) then I would say you dont really need emergency houseing as you are doing it on your own ...I understand your doing it tough ...but your still able to do it !! no-one ever said it was going to be easy !!! dont think what they are getting that your not and how unfair the system is ...you have a little girl who is getting the best lesson in the world ...Mummy is working hard for her future ..mummy is strong and can do anything ...she is going to want to be just like her mummy who diddnt need any help !! ...good on you I say !!

just as I dont know your situation ...you may not know the full story to their situation ...easy to sit back and think they are getting it better then we are ...You have the capacity to get educated and get a job (and your doing that very thing ) ...they may not be able to do this ...yep ...a drain on our economy ..but we are lucky to live ina country to be able to afford to give that to people les fortunate !!

head up mate ...your doing a fantastic job !!

Posted by: *Frankie*

just as I dont know your situation ...you may not know the full story to their situation ...easy to sit back and think they are getting it better then we are ...You have the capacity to get educated and get a job (and your doing that very thing ) ...they may not be able to do this ...yep ...a drain on our economy ..but we are lucky to live ina country to be able to afford to give that to people les fortunate !!

head up mate ...your doing a fantastic job !!

mate, that was beautiful, it almost made me cry, seriously! I tend to go in like a bull at a red flag, but you wrote that just perfectly smile
Sign in to follow this topic