Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Religion/beliefs Rss

Hey all....not trying to cause arguments or anything but was wondering what everyone believed in....i was/am a christian...my parents are ministers in a church. However im not so sure anymore and have started looking at other religions eg wicca, buddhism etc....

So just wondering what everyone is...how they find it and anything else they would like to add...

Btw i could never be an athiest.....i have to believe in something...lol

Thanks in advance

Nat

Good ol' Catholic stock here!
I'm atheist and have been since I was about 17 or 18. I was on the fence for years beforehand and when I was a kid I was a christian (not that I was old enough to really understand).

You can actually be atheist and believe in supernatural things, although most don't. But basically it just means the acceptance that there is no reliable proof for god or gods of any type. But you can still hold other beliefs like souls, spirits etc. Although I don't because I have a very scientific/skeptical mind (NOT close minded, quite the opposite) and I only accept was can be proven. I am open to new ideas, but I need to see some sort of evidence or proof.
I am an atheist- But I do believe in souls but don't know how that fits, definitely don't believe in a god though.

Not meaning to offend anyone just my personal opinion.

I'm anglican so no help, but I think exploring your spirituality is a lovely idea. Do you have friends of other religions or churches or groups in your area you can go along to? Good on you I say! smile

I am an atheist- But I do believe in souls but don't know how that fits, definitely don't believe in a god though.

Not meaning to offend anyone just my personal opinion.

Just out of curiousity as a fellow atheist, what do you believe souls are for? Obviously you don't believe in heaven so where would it go?
I am a Christian, of the Baptist denomination. My parents are Christians and I was raised according to their beliefs - I did wander for a while in my teens but later on, came into my Faith for my own reasons. DH is also a Christian, from a Christian family, with a similar story to mine as to how he became a Christian, and we were married in the church and are raising our kids according to our shared faith. I have to say my faith is very precious to me... I am not a 'perfect' Christian... pretty bad one at times actually. But my belief in something more gives me peace in tumultuous times.

I agree with sooka's mum, it is great that you are exploring your spiritual life - it's an important thing to figure out for yourself, and not just 'be' what your parents are or what they want you to be. Maybe you could attend some other church services, Christian and non-Christian, just to see what it's all about. Even other Christian denominations. If you want information about religions, maybe you could get some books out of the library jut to get some facts?

Just out of curiousity as a fellow atheist, what do you believe souls are for? Obviously you don't believe in heaven so where would it go?

I don't really know, all I can say is that our body's are just home's for our souls. That probably doesn't make sense, I really need to do some reading and explore the concept a bit more, anyone know of any good books?
Well im not atheist but im not a full on believer..

I do think there is someone or something out there and that when we die we just dont get buried or burned.

I see a white butterfly fly past us out on walks every few days and i believe that is my dad keeping an eye on us as he passed away 10 years ago.

Each to there own what we want to belive in..

I am agnostic - which basically means that I believe it is impossible to know whether or not there is a god (or either deity) or if there is any truth to the belief that there are things such as a soul, heaven and hell or even ghosts. If there is substantial and tangible proof I may just change my opinion lol. I like to have an open mind about these things and don't mind a good religious debate lol but nothing has swayed my stance on this topic yet.

I am agnostic - which basically means that I believe it is impossible to know whether or not there is a god (or either deity) or if there is any truth to the belief that there are things such as a soul, heaven and hell or even ghosts. If there is substantial and tangible proof I may just change my opinion lol. I like to have an open mind about these things and don't mind a good religious debate lol but nothing has swayed my stance on this topic yet.

Ok by the sounds of it im one of these!! unsure

I was christened and baptised as an anglican and went to a catholic primary school.I was deeply offended by a few acts of a minister and her disregard for my wishes and wellbeing at a time when I was very vulnerable nad impressionable.

I believe theres something out there although I have no idea what. I believe in spirits, I believe in ghosts. On the odd occasion I go to church its because I want to and oddly enough its because I enjoy the singing - it makes me happy lol. I believe in humanity. I like the teachings of most religions - Love, peace, kindness etc. I also loved some of the stories as a child.

Love my boys M-10/05/08 J-01/12/09

Sign in to follow this topic