Huggies Forum

Medicare and Health Care Lock Rss

Ok.. im going to have a rant .. hehehe! blink

I had a blood test the other day, it was the first one you have when your pregnant.. to test for everythin under the sun.. heres the Grr bit...

I got a bill in the mail today for $220 for the blood test.. what the hell .. seriously.. whats medicare and healthcare there for if i get charged that much for a blood test.. angry

Just made me a lil mad

Your Dr mustn't have ticked the bulk bill box?
Having said that - part of KRudd's changes were to remove a lot of the pathology testing from Medicare. DH gets blood tests monthly for an illness he has. If he goes through S&N they make him pay before they take the blood now. QML say they'll send a bill but we haven't ever got on yet!

Your Dr mustn't have ticked the bulk bill box?
Having said that - part of KRudd's changes were to remove a lot of the pathology testing from Medicare. DH gets blood tests monthly for an illness he has. If he goes through S&N they make him pay before they take the blood now. QML say they'll send a bill but we haven't ever got on yet!

Can i just say that having to deal with all the issues we've had with the lil man who has had weekly blood tests since he was born watch out for QML they absolutly suck with their billing we have had noooo end of dramas trying to work out whats paid whats not n every time we ring them and try n sort it out we get different answers

have you taken the receipt to medicare? i had to pay upfront for my recent blood tests (although it was only $94), but i could still claim back the majority of it. it should be covered. the only thing they don't cover for with pregnancy blood tests is the one for the nuchal scan because that one is personal choice.

There must be some sort of mistake. I get blood tests all the time and have never paid for one.

There must be some sort of mistake. I get blood tests all the time and have never paid for one.

Im thinkin of takin it to medicare and asking them.. i dont no who else to talk to.. i never had to pay with dd.. but that was 4yrs ago ... i was not impressed.. i no it needed to be done but i didnt have and dont have the money atm and they only gave me till the 3rd to pay it

Im thinkin of takin it to medicare and asking them.. i dont no who else to talk to.. i never had to pay with dd.. but that was 4yrs ago ... i was not impressed.. i no it needed to be done but i didnt have and dont have the money atm and they only gave me till the 3rd to pay it

Definately talk to them. My most recent blood tests were done in January for myself and they were bulk billed.
contact the company the bloods were taken with, sometimes if we forget to tick the bulk bill box and the patient brings their bill n medicare card in we ring them n give them the number, they can usually sort it out

Can i just say that having to deal with all the issues we've had with the lil man who has had weekly blood tests since he was born watch out for QML they absolutly suck with their billing we have had noooo end of dramas trying to work out whats paid whats not n every time we ring them and try n sort it out we get different answers

Apparently QML stopped Bulk Billing last June/July. I didnt realise this until i had a urine test tested at the Drs, and she just sent it to pathology just to be sure it was ok,and i got a bill for $140. TO TEST WEE!! Had to pay it, had no choice, i was fuming. I then asked the Dr about it, and they forgot that they were now charging, and not bulk billing, so just ask your Dr next time for a bulk bill place.

I also had dramas with QML on getting my reciept sent out so i could claim back part of the payment, was only a small amount but still.

3 Little Ones to Love.....

yeah they sure do and not only adults but kids too grrr, Levi has to have another test soon and they charge me $110 for him, I am about to get my 4th test done this year at $125 a throw. Makes me mad too, take your receipt to medicare and you will get some back - I think I get between 30 and 50%

Leigha''s little men smile

I know the feeling very well 1 MRI $325 out of pocket had to be paid on the spot. Medical cost our family a small fortune each year.
Sign in to follow this topic