Huggies Forum

Mars Bar Slice Recipe Lock Rss

Anyone tried this recipe??

Mars Bar Slice Recipe

Makes 18 pieces (each about 4.5cm by 6cm).

Ingredients:
120g butter
270g Mars Bars
1 1/2 tablespoons (30ml) golden syrup
3 3/4 cups (120g) rice bubbles

Line an 18cm by 28cm baking tray/dish.

Place butter, Mars Bars and golden syrup in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly, using the spoon to break up the Mars Bars and squash any bits of nougat that are slow to melt.

When the butter has melted and only small unmelted bits of nougat remain, increase the heat to medium, stirring constantly. The mixture may appear separated at first. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens slightly, and is fairly smooth and amalgamated. Remove from heat.

Place rice bubbles in a large bowl. Add Mars Bar mixture and stir to combine, trying not to crush the rice bubbles. Press mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate while preparing the chocolate icing.

Spread slice with icing and refrigerate until set. Cut into pieces to serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Rich Chocolate Icing
225g milk chocolate (we use Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate)
45g butter

Melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring frequently. Alternatively, melt in a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. © www.exclusivelyfood.com.au

nope, never tried that one Ro. My thoughts would be it's such a sweet slice, it does need the extra sweetness of golden syrup.

The one I do, just remember the number 3, lol

3 cups rice bubbles, 3 mars bars, 3 tbsp butter. Melt and mix butter and chopped mars bars, stir in rice bubbles, press into lined pan.
Then the topping, I do cadbury dairymilk, probably about 1/2 a block, melt with 2 tsp butter. Stir in ablob of cream (probably about 2 tbsp) pour over slice and refrig till set, chop into pieces.

Found the cream stops the choc from setting too hard, therefore does not crack when cutting. smile

Anyone tried this recipe??

Mars Bar Slice Recipe

Makes 18 pieces (each about 4.5cm by 6cm).

Ingredients:
120g butter
270g Mars Bars
1 1/2 tablespoons (30ml) golden syrup
3 3/4 cups (120g) rice bubbles

Line an 18cm by 28cm baking tray/dish.

Place butter, Mars Bars and golden syrup in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly, using the spoon to break up the Mars Bars and squash any bits of nougat that are slow to melt.

When the butter has melted and only small unmelted bits of nougat remain, increase the heat to medium, stirring constantly. The mixture may appear separated at first. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens slightly, and is fairly smooth and amalgamated. Remove from heat.

Place rice bubbles in a large bowl. Add Mars Bar mixture and stir to combine, trying not to crush the rice bubbles. Press mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate while preparing the chocolate icing.

Spread slice with icing and refrigerate until set. Cut into pieces to serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Rich Chocolate Icing
225g milk chocolate (we use Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate)
45g butter

Melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring frequently. Alternatively, melt in a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. © www.exclusivelyfood.com.au

Hi Ro!
Im pretty sure ive made this version, but i recommend chopping the mars bar up heaps before melting, especially if your impatient like me lol.

3 Little Ones to Love.....

i have a recipe for it if you want an alternative...

3 king size mars bars
4 cups of rice bubbles
90g butter

topping:
300g cooking choc
30g butter

chop mars bars and butter into small cubes and melt in pan, pour melted mixture over rice bubbles and stir til combined. flatten into prepared slice tin. put in fridge to cool slightly while you prepare topping.

topping: melt choc and butter over a saucepan of simmering water. spread over slice and refrigerate til set then slice into squares.

mmmmmmm yummy

nope, never tried that one Ro. My thoughts would be it's such a sweet slice, it does need the extra sweetness of golden syrup.

The one I do, just remember the number 3, lol

3 cups rice bubbles, 3 mars bars, 3 tbsp butter. Melt and mix butter and chopped mars bars, stir in rice bubbles, press into lined pan.
Then the topping, I do cadbury dairymilk, probably about 1/2 a block, melt with 2 tsp butter. Stir in ablob of cream (probably about 2 tbsp) pour over slice and refrig till set, chop into pieces.

Found the cream stops the choc from setting too hard, therefore does not crack when cutting. smile

This is the one I do as well. Will have to try the cream trick next time.
I do 4cups rice bubbles, 3 mars bars, 90grams butter, cut marsbars in little peices and melt with butter...whisking helps get a smooth mix. Pour over rice bubbles mix and press into a lined tin. Melt 150grams choc with either a dash of cream or milk to stop it setting hard and pour over base, chill cut and serve

Cheers Ness

Thanks girls grin

I gave the recipe I posted a go as I'd already bought the golden syrup and had a bag of the fun sized mars bar to measure out the 270gms. Not sure how much 3 mars bars would be lol!

Anyway it looks ok - am yet to cut it up and taste it though.

Thanks for the tip on cutting up the mars bars into little bits that helped a lot I think smile

Sign in to follow this topic