Huggies Forum

Camping with kids Lock Rss

Have decided to go camping at xmas ( need to plan now so we can book)
I will have a 6 yr, 22 month old and a 6 month old

We are crazy i know but its a holiday we all need.

so my question is any suggestions? on eqiupment must haves and any thing really

ta

Gas stove
Gas lantern
Tent but that one is obvious lol.

We go camping lots. WHere are you thinking about going? Will you be near water?
Most definitely get hold of a portacot if you don't have one or a playpen, especially if camping anywhere near water!! That way if everyone is busy setting up camp, cooking etc you can keep the littler ones in one place where they are safe and can't get into anything they shouldn't be.

The best thing that we invested in was a Tent Cot...it's fantastic for keeping the mozzies etc out but you can roll the sides up when it's hot so the bubs stay cool, plus they can't roll out of it. Not to mention being able to move it outside into the shade or breeze.

Another thing is make sure you take some toys eg bikes for the older ones, colouring books for quiet times and a portable dvd player can come in handy too if (heaven forbid) it rains LOL....there is nothing worse than being cooped up in a tent when the weather sucks with bored kids!!

Clothes airers are good cos they fold down for easy storage, or use pegs on rope to hang towels. Do NOT forget a can opener!!!

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

we went camping recently, the best thing we had was a torch! LOL

*chairs and a blanket for kids.
*travel cot was great for DD as she is still in a cot,
*Ethan just had a air bed and sleeping bag, with his pillow from home, familure smell and all that smile

*If you are buying the tent now, i suggest putting it up before you leave so you know what you are doing... nothing worse than getting there and finding out that you are missing a pole, or one is broken!

*Dustpan and brush, kids ALWAYS tread sand and leaves etc through the tent, this goes EVERYWHERE, and sand in ya bed is CRAPY!!!

*Pegs! so you can hang wet towels (or clothes)

Thats all i got right now smile

eta: get a peice of paper and everytime you use something for the next few days that you think you might need write it down. then after say a week you will have a list of most things. add to it as you think of things too, so if you walk past the sun cream and think oh i'll need that, write it onthe list, but wirte adult and kiddie suncream for instance... cos then if you have a hubby like mine you will bring all of what you need and not half (when they are being 'helpful' and packing too!)

to me campng is in a camping ground, i know there are people out there who actually venture into the bush etc and camp but i would say an ensuite site would be a good investment. a toilet a shower a powerpoint and a place to lock up any valuables. good luck with your camping trip smile

A campground with a camp kitchen, washing facilities, etc will cut down the amount you have to pack! You should be able to find one somewhere with a playground/pool/jumping pillow!
A playpen/portacot for the littlies is a real must! We just did a weekend away in our caravan and, with a wandering 18mth old, I was thankful to have it!
I agree with the 'make a list' idea. I always do it about a week ahead of any trips! grin
Mozzie repellant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh
A hot water flask, portable DVD player, torches, can opener!
A small lantern or light you can leave on all night (if need be...if it's really dark! My kids hate when it's too dark!)
Folding chairs (for the kids too!)
Patience.....lots and lots...and lots of patience! blink lol
Where are you planning on going? If you're looking at QLD...Cania Gorge is beautiful! (camp kitchens, pools, tennis, wine tasting, bird feeding, bush walks, jumping pillow, golf, outdoor movie nights, etc. FANTASTIC! grin )
Oooh...almost forgot...if you're going to be able to have a campfire, don't forget the marshmallows!!
Hope you enjoy your holiday! smile

A campground with a camp kitchen, washing facilities, etc will cut down the amount you have to pack! You should be able to find one somewhere with a playground/pool/jumping pillow!
A playpen/portacot for the littlies is a real must! We just did a weekend away in our caravan and, with a wandering 18mth old, I was thankful to have it!
I agree with the 'make a list' idea. I always do it about a week ahead of any trips! grin
Mozzie repellant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh
A hot water flask, portable DVD player, torches, can opener!
A small lantern or light you can leave on all night (if need be...if it's really dark! My kids hate when it's too dark!)
Folding chairs (for the kids too!)
Patience.....lots and lots...and lots of patience! blink lol
Where are you planning on going? If you're looking at QLD...Cania Gorge is beautiful! (camp kitchens, pools, tennis, wine tasting, bird feeding, bush walks, jumping pillow, golf, outdoor movie nights, etc. FANTASTIC! grin )
Oooh...almost forgot...if you're going to be able to have a campfire, don't forget the marshmallows!!
Hope you enjoy your holiday! smile

That's where we had our honeymoon. Really good walks for the kids, and lots of roos. Can get groceries in Monto.
Sign in to follow this topic