Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Rain!!!! Rss

The rain has come down from QLD!!!! Have been waiting for it, but didnt believe it would actually arrive! Been raining solidly most of the morning, looks like it is atleast settled in for the day, if not longer...

Pfft...you will soon get over it as all of us in Queensland have!

Pfft...you will soon get over it as all of us in Queensland have!

No, sorry, we don't see anywhere near enough of it in remote NSW, we had 70mm last month, and I havnt seen that amount in 2 days since i moved here 2yrs ago, the water storage in Broken Hill was over flowing with the last lot of rain, hasnt happened for about 12yrs i think, pity i missed seeing that, we live 300km so was just too far to go and see

I usually love rain but I've had enough! blink
Been raining here pretty much non stop since Sunday.

I don't own a dryer and undercover line space is limited. My youngest had a tummy bug and projectile vomitted all over his baby capsule...had to wash that! It's still damp! Barely enough space for all school uniforms and DH work clothes! Washing is backing up BIG time! sad

Collecting two DS's from school yesterday I nearly ended arse up so I took my shoes off to wad thru puddles! Umbrella blew inside out! So there I was, 18mth DS on hip (trying to grab at umbrella), shoes in one hand and useless umbrella in the other. The wind swooshing the rain in all directions...can't see either cause my glasses need wipers! blink
Felt like a drowned rat! Got home feeling cold and miserable! The boys and I had toast, hot chocolates and milo for afternoon tea! roll eyes

Yeah...I love rain...as long as I don't have to go anywhere!!!!!! laugh
I will be wishing it ALL in your direction!! Enjoy yourself! Mwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

well i'm sick of the dust, day in day out there are dust storms, its not worth cleaning your house coz u know that as soon as you are finished it is dirty again from dust coming in the windows even though they are all closed

kids can't play in the backyards coz there is no grass, we cannot water due to water restrictions and no rain means nothing but a dustbowl for a backyard, with the rain we got last month the yard is starting to green up abit, this rain will hopefully keep it that way so that the little ones can play outside again

i too have no clothes dryer and minimal space inside to hang washing out, if it dusty outside cant hang it out coz will only get dirty again, atleast if it rains it only has to be spun in the machine and can be put up somewhere inside.

ds has a tummy bug atm, so i going through clothes like they are out of fashion, and i am back at work parttime, so can only get washing done on certain days

give me the rain over the daily dust we have had since November

I think I'm the only person in Qld who's been enjoying the rain lol! It's been nice to have a bit of a change in the weather. I like it grin
I've been enjoying the rain (in QLD) but DD is getting to the point of being over it - she wants to go run around outside grin. Spent this morning cooking with her though so DH and DD now have homemade biscuits to eat rather than shop bought ones (I think I'm starting to nest lol).

Must admit I do hate having to go out when its raining though - mainly 'cause DD still walks fairly slowly but its getting to the point of being difficult to carry her now.

Leisa.
Send it to us! (western nsw)
We've actually had more this year than ive seen since moving here 5 years ago but we'll take more. My garden is finally getting grass instead of dust and our paddocks some moisture but we need a little more at the moment.
I remember living on the coast and hating the rain though. And the yukky humidity that went with it. At least here youre hair doesnt go frizzy LOL!

Jack ''08 & Bump ''10

Send it to us! (western nsw)
We've actually had more this year than ive seen since moving here 5 years ago but we'll take more. My garden is finally getting grass instead of dust and our paddocks some moisture but we need a little more at the moment.
I remember living on the coast and hating the rain though. And the yukky humidity that went with it. At least here youre hair doesnt go frizzy LOL!

I agree, hoping to have some lawn for DS to crawl on since he is almost there now, its a shame he cant go outside to spend time with our dogs because it is all dirt

Sign in to follow this topic