Huggies Forum

homework Lock Rss

Brad brought his brothers' homework home yesterday as they were home sick.Blake in yr 3 got additions of 1 + 5; 2+ 7 etc it was just stupid.I got Brad to double check them and he said they are easy ,I said too easy I should tell the teacher it was like kindergarten homework.Brad then said he would tell the teacher.I said ok but dont be cheeky about it

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Brad brought his brothers' homework home yesterday as they were home sick.Blake in yr 3 got additions of 1 + 5; 2+ 7 etc it was just stupid.I got Brad to double check them and he said they are easy ,I said too easy I should tell the teacher it was like kindergarten homework.Brad then said he would tell the teacher.I said ok but dont be cheeky about it

Thats pretty easy I wouldn't be complaining though.lol
mmm seem pretty easy for year 3 but then again I guess they are going over stuff from year 2 to make sure every one is at the same level??
Perhaps instead of getting Brad to say something to the teacher you could send a letter just expressing that Blake appears to complete the current work very easily and you were wondering if it were possible to get some work of the next level to keep him challenged and to further his learning...

Leigha''s little men smile

My ds is also in yr 3 and they're going into double digit addition. The teacher also stated that they (meaning all kids in the class) should know or be taught all basic addition so that it is automatically recalled (up to 10. eg 4+6=10, 5+6=11, 6+6=12, etc.) so they don't need to count on fingers etc.
We're in QLD but each school here is different too!
If it's too easy consider printing maths worksheets online or getting a Maths book from the newagency with harder work! Bet he'll love it! laugh

Home work isnt meant to be hard, its more revision. How about you extending him by giving him some harder sums. I bet the main aim behind his homework is to get kids to recognise the signs as a lot of kids still get all the signs mixed up +-x* at his age.
Sign in to follow this topic