Huggies Forum

how do u and ur dp decided Lock Rss

to stop having children???

I'm no real help but i'll reply anyway. I want another but DF says he'll leave if I get pregnant so 2 children it is. If it was a head decision 2 would be the right thing to do but in my heart I really would love a third.
We have 4 children and I would dearly love to have just one more... however when having a c-sec with little immy we got my tubes tied... I have thought about getting them untied... however with my health problems its probably not a good idea... then again I am super clucky....

We compromised. DF would love heaps but I only wnat 1, we decided 2 would be practical for us. We still want to travel around oz and overseas and it would make it a bit harder for a few reasons with a few kids.
We decided before we got married how many we were going to have. There is no issue about it now. We made the decision together that, that was the path we BOTH wanted to take - together!
My partner does want anymore after this one, im only 23 n just think in the future i might want another one but he is dead set against no more because he is 28 and wanted all his kids by 30.

we havent decided lol we keep changing, but we talk about it and agree on things or compromise.
i always wanted heaps of kids but dp doesnt want more than 3 (cos he didnt want a 7 seater car) we have 2 and i said i didnt want more after i had DD cos she is a horror, but now she is settled a bit i would really like a 3rd we decided we would see how we are going sept 2011 before we try again (its killing me i want more now lol) and we have recently decided we want a 7 seater car so im still hopeful i can get a 4th out of him but will see how we go with 3 first. we are still both only young (me 23 and dp 25) so we have plenty of time to decide.

We were going to stop at 2, but it didn't feel 'right'.
We then were going to stop at 4, but again, we didn't feel complete.
We now have 5, and while we feel complete now, I'd love a 6th, and wonder if the feeling of completeness is knowing that I cant have any more kids?
I am as clucky as all hell, but Hudson is our last, and we are so lucky to have been blessed with the 5 children that we have, and the fact that I am still here to watch them grow up is an amazing gift.

We know that it is time to stop having children, because I cant carry or birth any more children without risking my life, I was lucky to get through the birth this time.

I do think that you do have a feeling of Completeness though - you just "know" when you are done
thank you all for your replys, i think i could keep just going and going but i know we need to stop, maybe in the future.

I'm no real help but i'll reply anyway. I want another but DF says he'll leave if I get pregnant so 2 children it is. If it was a head decision 2 would be the right thing to do but in my heart I really would love a third.

he said WHAT?! Tash that is not cool at all my dear! Was he serious or was it said as a joke to make a point that he really can't fathom the idea of any more kids? Boy my mister would be sorry if that sort of phrase came out of his mouth. I'm sorry hon but that just makes my blood boil!

in answer to the OP we haven't yet decided so can't answer that Q.

he said WHAT?! Tash that is not cool at all my dear! Was he serious or was it said as a joke to make a point that he really can't fathom the idea of any more kids? Boy my mister would be sorry if that sort of phrase came out of his mouth. I'm sorry hon but that just makes my blood boil!

in answer to the OP we haven't yet decided so can't answer that Q.

No not kidding sad he may change his mind one day though. It makes me kind of paranoid about falling pregnant actually but i've been clucky since the day DD2 was born.
well I do ALL the work and I have no desire to have any more.
DH would do it if I really wanted to but he has no desire either.
I always said I would have at least 2 - maybe three.... but am happy to stick with two.
Sign in to follow this topic