Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

washing very loved soft toy Lock Rss

Hi, my daughter who is just over 2 has a very well loved, now greyish used to be white teddy and friends dog. I have washed it quite a few times in the washing machine in a pillow case on gentle but cant seem to get it back to being white and fluffy. Any suggestions or helpful advice would be greatly apprieciated for poor Puppy. Thank you smile smile grin

Hi, my daughter who is just over 2 has a very well loved, now greyish used to be white teddy and friends dog. I have washed it quite a few times in the washing machine in a pillow case on gentle but cant seem to get it back to being white and fluffy. Any suggestions or helpful advice would be greatly apprieciated for poor Puppy. Thank you smile smile grin

I've found that by washing in the bag (I used to use a bra bag for them) they don't seem to come as clean as without it.

I wash DS's light blue teddy and DD's creamy colour teddy regularly in the machine. They either go in with a light load or I just chuck them in by themselves (mostly with a load tho as its a bit of a waste doing them alone).

I always put a bit of nappy san and fabric softener into the load, and they come out smelling great, and they look awesome too. Also try to do it on a windy day, so when you hang it on the line the wind seems to make them fluffy. I also put them in the sun cos it kills any bacteria in it as well as just seems to freshen them up.

Failing that, I've found the dryer makes them fluffy too.

Hope that helps:)

Ben 25/10/06 + Erin 10/9/08

They also tend to wash better if there are other things in the washing machine - i usually wash DD's toy with towels - because the other items actually help agitate everything and seem to clean it better smile
I usually give soft toys a good soak in nappy san squeeze them out give a spray of stain remover then wash in a bag in a regular wash.

Cheers Ness

Thanks for all the replies. I didnt have any nappy san so used washing powder and wool mix. It seemed to work well. And puppy does have a great fragrance now too!!!
Sign in to follow this topic