Huggies Forum

7 seater cars??? Lock Rss

So we are in the market for a 7 seater car.... for obvious reasons (unless they make it legal to sit Jayden in the front and tie DH to the roof...lol)..

What do people have that they are happy with??

HUbby doesnt want a van/people mover or a soccer mum car.. we have been looking at the Toyota Kluger, Ford Territory, Nissan Pathfinder, Mitsubishi Pajero, Nissan Patrol... but are open to any other suggestions and reviews.

We recently bought a Honda Odessey and we love it! Havn't found a fault with it yet!

The Honda Odyssey are nice.,( i think it is a 6 or 7 seater) our friends have one and they love it. I own a Honda accord and love it. Will always keep on buying Honda's. They are great!
We have a Ford Turbo Territory... LOVE IT!!! i can put my MIL in the back seat (and not hear her moaning) so it fits an adult back there too smile You have to buy 2 anchor points for the 3rd row, but these usually come with car seats anyway. other wise there are 3 on the back of the 2nd row seats. It's easy to get in and out of the back row and the back row is really easy to put up and down if need be.
If you have any questions please just ask... even technical ones as DH is a mechanic and Ford nut,but knows alot about lots of different cars smile

We have a Nissan Patrol, think they are awesome! grin

You have to buy 2 anchor points for the 3rd row, but these usually come with car seats anyway. other wise there are 3 on the back of the 2nd row seats. It's easy to get in and out of the back row and the back row is really easy to put up and down if need be.

I was curious about the anchor point situation since I will be needing 4 anchor points. So do u just have to get the extras installed in the back back seats? Who does that? RACQ?

I was curious about the anchor point situation since I will be needing 4 anchor points. So do u just have to get the extras installed in the back back seats? Who does that? RACQ?

at the back of the boot there are 3 little plastic covers that kinda click off (my 4 yr old can take them off so not hard) 2 have pics of anchores on and the other a wheel...
the 2 with anchores have little holes under the plastic bit. you litterally just screw the bolt in with a shifter/spanner... infact i did mine my self. its really easy and as long as they are tight your fine. If you are not comfortable doing this your self then RACQ / where ever you get your car seviced should be able to do this for you... or if you buy the car from a ford garage (if you in perth i can recomend a place smile hehe) then they should be able to do it for you before you pick it up. grin

What ever you do, do not look at the CRAPTIVA'S as they are CRAP!!! we have had nothing but problems with ours...

Another car that is 7 seater that i wished I had of looked at is the Hyundi Santa Fe.... they are nice... I am so depressed I didn't get to look at them... sad

mitsubishi grandis.. 5 factory anchor points in them, just ask they put clips in all of them, as only 1 is supplied (i wasnt charged for the clips)

i love mine!

I have driven a Kluger (not owned it though lol) anyway I found it heaps heavy on fuel (even more then our SS which is a V8) and the other thing is that the 3rd row is just not that flash once the kids are a but bigger, early teens dont sit in there comfortably - the boys are not that big but maybe they are just sooks lol

Leigha''s little men smile

We brought a rio grand carnival they are an excellant car for room and comfort. Plus added bonus you can remove the middle and back row of seats if you ever need to carry something big. they have all child seat fittings on the back of the seat. The kids love the cup holders that are plentiful though out the car. It is an 8 seater. plenty of room in boot as well.

mum to 5

Friends of ours have just had their 4th child(4 under 4.5yrs) and bought a 2007 Toyota Prado. They spent months looking for anything but a van lol and found that Prado's were one of the few cars they could legally anchor a child retraint into in the very last row.
Sign in to follow this topic