Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Ten to Nine PM Lock Rss

Picture this...

You have 2 kids sleeping, 1 being 3 and easy put to bed but wakes up scared with a sudden noise (TVs fine but loud bang, phone ringing etc startles him) and 1 being a 5.5months, not sleeping well at night (possibly teething?) taking 1hour to get him to sleep and double that if he wakes (by noise or by himself) and he is woken VERY EASILY throw in the fact that you haven't had a more than 3hours sleep in 3 nights ....

the phone rings at 8:50PM, waking the youngest turns out it's a person from some company (sorry didn't get the name) how would YOU react? Honestly now... iykwim?

Picture this...

You have 2 kids sleeping, 1 being 3 and easy put to bed but wakes up scared with a sudden noise (TVs fine but loud bang, phone ringing etc startles him) and 1 being a 5.5months, not sleeping well at night (possibly teething?) taking 1hour to get him to sleep and double that if he wakes (by noise or by himself) and he is woken VERY EASILY throw in the fact that you haven't had a more than 3hours sleep in 3 nights ....

the phone rings at 8:50PM, waking the youngest turns out it's a person from some company (sorry didn't get the name) how would YOU react? Honestly now... iykwim?

You can't swear on here right? Cause I'd be FURIOUS! angry

I don;t have a prob with kids and the phone so I don't mind people ringing til 9.30 though family text me first to make sure I am up BUT if a company rang that late I would be ropeable!!!! angry what did you say??

I don;t have a prob with kids and the phone so I don't mind people ringing til 9.30 though family text me first to make sure I am up BUT if a company rang that late I would be ropeable!!!! angry what did you say??

i would have gone nuts. especially if it were a call from India from and Indian called Wayne.

OMG I was THAT ANGRY I could NOT swear lol and I swear pretty easily!!!

On that note, I will reply tomorrow morning with what I said (I feel a little bad like I over reacted) because DP is off to bed (has to get up early) and I need to get DS2 back to sleep!!

any replies- I will check back in the morning (and by morning I mean past 12am LOL)
I would have been slightly more then wild and they would have known it in a matter of say 5 seconds... next time ask them to hold and put the phone on the table while you settle you bubba back down and then IF they are still there just pick it up and say look I have to go you woke the babies and hang up..

If anyone rings my house after 8:30 (unless of course it is arranged or they text to say hey going to call now) then someone better be in need of help and I mean in need...

Leigha''s little men smile

If I had kids that woke up with the phone ringing etc, I'd be unplugging the cord from the phone when I put them to bed. My family know our mobiles and where we live if they have an emergency to discuss, and no-one else has reason to need to call us at night really. Fortunately though these boys sleep through pretty much anything.

Also good is that our phone is on VoIP so we aren't listed anywhere to get spam calls!
Yeah that's pretty bad. I wouldn't have been very nice.

I know this is a little off topic, but I'm getting really concerned about how much info these spam/telemarketers have on us! I had someone call me tonight doing some sort of survey and she knew our last name, address, postcode and she had our phone number. When I mentioned the excessive info she had on us, she didn't answer me and said, "thanks for your time". I didn't even get the name of the company she was working for...

I HATE TELEMARKETERS! That is SUCH a modernist concept. HUUUUULLLLLO, we live in a post-modern society now? Get with the times, morons. lol
I be mad, i would tell them i hope they happy that they woke my son up. And that they only ring to ask a stupid question which i don't have time for and hang up.
Bub getting better with phones at night during the day he sometimes wakes up. I've even turned the ringers down or off at night, i can't during the day since we run a business.
Hope it didn't take long to get your DS back to sleep.

HAHA!! i just rang my friend at 8:50!!! She wasn't mad, but i needed to speak to her. I needed to appologise as i thought something i said earlier may of offened her, it didn't smile She didnt mind me calling though, and i dont make a habit of calling people at that time. my cut off is 8pm to call people other than my mum... I would call her up to 11pm! unless an emergency then any time day or night! LOL I accept calls between 8am and about 9pm (apart form my mum)
Call outta these times like 7:30am and expect to get abused! before you ask yes i have abused MANY people that call before 8am!

I abuse any telemarketer that calls.
I just love it when they ring!!!

Oh best one was a woman said I'll have to see if I can remove your number, after I told her she should not have the number. I told her calmly and flatly that she will not try, she WILL (insert swearword) remove this number as it is a monitored and tracked line and if any further calls are received from their number I will be passing it on to police for harassment. Never heard from them again.

We take the phone off the hook when the kids are in bed. Anyone who would "need" us at this time has our mobile numbers in case of emergency.
Sign in to follow this topic