Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What will your family be eating today?

What will your family be eating today? Lock Rss

We will be having a feed of hamburgers today
We're not religious here so we'll be having whatever I can find.. haven't thought about it yet...

Most likely meat. Though I didn't get any meat out last night you might see if dh wants to share some fish with dd2.
we arent overly religious, well actually we arent religious at all, however we were both brought up not to eat red meat on good friday, and thats something that we will both always have respect for. If you can not sacrifice one day out of 365 days in the year to have something other then red meat, well then... thats your choice i spose, however well always continue on with this tradition and also raise our kids this way...
We will be eating fish for dinner, well DH and the boys will I hate fish.
We also only eat breakfast, lunch and dinner today NO snacks, I will give the boys snacks cause they are to young to understand.

sorry but when i first read this it kinda came accross as "oooh im a bad ass im gonna eat meat on good friday" lol

im not overly religious and DP isnt at all but its what we were bought up doing, and as far as im concerned if u cant go 1 day without eating red meat then u shouldnt get easter eggs.

we will be having hot cross buns for lunch and DP is cooking fish on the BBQ tonight mmmm i cant wait for my lemony fishy yummness (i have been waitin all year lol since last good friday was the last time i got to eat it!)

hot cross buns, sandwiches, and we are undecided on tea yet. depends on what the inlaws are doing. we are not religious so dont change anything specific for this day.

and if we do decide to eat red meat, then that is no ones business but ours.

eta that i didnt read anything into the OP. we dont practice it so i always forget that you are not suppose to do this and that for easter friday...

sorry but when i first read this it kinda came accross as "oooh im a bad ass im gonna eat meat on good friday" lol

im not overly religious and DP isnt at all but its what we were bought up doing, and as far as im concerned if u cant go 1 day without eating red meat then u shouldnt get easter eggs.

we will be having hot cross buns for lunch and DP is cooking fish on the BBQ tonight mmmm i cant wait for my lemony fishy yummness (i have been waitin all year lol since last good friday was the last time i got to eat it!)

Totally agree!! Tried to give you a positive, but im out!! lmao
I dont know why anyone doesn't actually eats meat on good friday because its actually supposed to be everyfr iday so not doing it good friday is completely pointless.

Totally agree!! Tried to give you a positive, but im out!! lmao

oooh my first positive lol damn your limit already being up haha

We're going to mum and dads for lunch. Fish, chips and salad.
I'm thinking we probably should grab some fish and chips and head out to the in-laws for dinner. We'll see...

The thought of not eating meat on Good Friday didn't even cross my radar until I was about 17. I'm not religious at all but I guess it's other peoples choices what they do. The only time fasting has ever effected me was when I lived in a YWCA hostel. I had to go Vegetarian on Fridays as the cook did fish chips and salad. He was always good enough to reserve something for me from the night before if even if I was the only non fish eater.

I'm not going to "make my kids conform to something I don't practise myself but will teach them to respect others beliefs. Oh and i'm looking forward to having some chocolate on Sunday.
Sign in to follow this topic