Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What will your family be eating today?

What will your family be eating today? Lock Rss

oooh my first positive lol damn your limit already being up haha

well ill give you one when my quota has been reset then lol
Devout catholics/christians don't eat many any Friday, otherwise during Lent there is a no meat on Fridays thing. Me, I'm Catholic but not practising, but I will not be eating red meat today (much as I could just about murder a steak right about now). It's just the way I was brought up. Can honestly say though, Good Friday does reaffirm to me that I could never be vegetarian..... smile Hehehehe.

sorry but when i first read this it kinda came accross as "oooh im a bad ass im gonna eat meat on good friday" lol

im not overly religious and DP isnt at all but its what we were bought up doing, and as far as im concerned if u cant go 1 day without eating red meat then u shouldnt get easter eggs.

we will be having hot cross buns for lunch and DP is cooking fish on the BBQ tonight mmmm i cant wait for my lemony fishy yummness (i have been waitin all year lol since last good friday was the last time i got to eat it!)

This post made me LOL- the part about if you don't give up meat you shouldn't get Easter Eggs I mean seriously, the not eating red meat is a religious thing the Chocolate Easter Eggs is a novelty thing!! Do you only not eat red meat so you can get chocolate eggs?!

This post made me LOL- the part about if you don't give up meat you shouldn't get Easter Eggs I mean seriously, the not eating red meat is a religious thing the Chocolate Easter Eggs is a novelty thing!! Do you only not eat red meat so you can get chocolate eggs?!

nah i dont not eat meat so i can have eggs. i dont like chocolate so i dont eat them anyway.

i get that choc eggs are novelty thing, but they are symbolic of new life jesus rising again so if u dont do the read meat thing for him dying y do the thing for him rising

but my point was if u wanna eat red meat on good friday why do u need to start a post about it. its like ooooh look at me being naughty lol just struck me as kinda childish

not religious in the slightest so i will eat whatever i feel like, and that will probably include lots of meat!
i think good friday is apart of the easter festivities. It is associated with easter. Sooo, if you dont participate in good friday, then why participate in the fun part of it?? thats my take on it anyways

i think good friday is apart of the easter festivities. It is associated with easter. Sooo, if you dont participate in good friday, then why participate in the fun part of it?? thats my take on it anyways

If you were to take a purely religous take on Easter you probably wouldn't have chocolate on Sunday.

Personally I find it strange that people act one way most of the time, and then think by acting a certain way at Easter or Christmas makes up for it. It's not just Christians that do this either. Why not just try your best all the time?
We won't be eating meat today on Good Friday. That was just the way that I was raised and even though I'm not a Church go'er or an overly religious person it has significance to me and my faith and that is all that matters.

We had egg on toast for breakfast, then it'll be simple vegemite & cheese sandwiches for lunch and fish, chilli calamari & potato wedges with sour cream & sweet chilli sauce for dinner. And throw in an early easter egg or two for good measure.

Each to their own but I dislike people saying that it's pointless not eating meat because it's not truly religious if you don't follow the faith the rest of the year. Why do people feel the need to judge and criticise??

We won't be eating meat today on Good Friday. That was just the way that I was raised and even though I'm not a Church go'er or an overly religious person it has significance to me and my faith and that is all that matters.

We had egg on toast for breakfast, then it'll be simple vegemite & cheese sandwiches for lunch and fish, chilli calamari & potato wedges with sour cream & sweet chilli sauce for dinner. And throw in an early easter egg or two for good measure.

Each to their own but I dislike people saying that it's pointless not eating meat because it's not truly religious if you don't follow the faith the rest of the year. Why do people feel the need to judge and criticise??

I just thought í'd i have nothing against people doing what they feel is right but get anoyed when people say crap about people who don't do things their way aren't good. I hope that makes sense smile
We eat fish every Friday during lent including good friday, when we were younger our parents wouldn't let us eat meat at all during lent!!

With easter eggs on Sunday we only eat the chicken egg sized easter eggs as it represents new life.
Yep totally understand ladies - I don't think anyone should look down on people that choose to eat meat on Good Friday either!

Why do people feel the need to judge and criticise??

it has to work both ways though, those who choose to practice not eating meat etc should be allowed to with no judgement, just like those who will be eating meat should not be judged, nor told that they should not be able to celebrate easter at all.
Sign in to follow this topic