Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Baby Shower Lock Rss

I had a baby shower before my son was born 2 1/2 years ago. I am now pregnant with my 2nd son and I had wondered if it seemed rude or inappropriate to have another baby shower. Considering I am having another of the same sex and already have all the baby stuff and boys clothes. To be honest I love any excuse to plan over the top parties and showers and I would just love to plan another. (although Im a little sad its not a pink shower!!) I had thought of maybe having a "nappy shower" and ask for things like nappies, wipes and creams do you think this would be ok??? and have any of you been to more than one shower for the same mummy??

Personally if it was me (and I love to entertain and throw a party) I might invite friends around for a high tea or something similiar but I would stipulate no presents, just a get together.
No I didn't feel right having a baby shower for my second child .. so I declined the offer when someone offered

I however have heard of people having baby afternoon teas and request no presents but rather a celebration for the baby and say if people want to give they prefer donations being made to charities such as SIDS ... I really like the idea of these for second or subsequent pregnancies as the baby is still being celebrated but its not a gift grab

To tell you the truth I am always 'conveniently' busy for second or subsequent baby showers if they seem like 'present grabs' rather than what they are meant for in my opinion ... just me tho smile
Absolutely not!! i feel like it wouldnt be fair not to IYKWIM i was a very grumpy pregnant lady and didnt have one at all so now feel it wouldnt be fair to have one if i have another child lol

It doesnt matter how many babies you have you can never have to many nappies, wipes, bottles, baby wash, baby lotion, facewashers, towels, bibs, etc smile

All of my friends are on number two or three and all have had showers every single time smile
I have been to a few recently that were for second babies. One who was having the same sex as she already had but she was keeping the sex a secret. One was for a 3rd baby with a same sex as she already had so she had a mothers blessing which was basically a get together.
[size="3"][font="Book Antiqua"]Hi, I had two baby showers... one that I had planned and the second one a friend did for me, as I was not going to have a second shower. My sons are 4yrs apart- so that is a bigger gap than yours.
Really, you are wanting to celebrate the up coming arrival of your son (not necessarily for the prezzies) so perhaps something low key if you are worried....

I reckon go for it! Have a baby shower and make a note on the invites of what you would need most. Most guests will want to get you what you want anyway.

If your guests are stuck for what to get you try this website - I found it a fantastic idea and perfect if you have everything already.
[url="http://www.maternitybags.net"][i][b]www.materni...]
Good luck with it all.
Enjoy your baby shower!
[/font][/size]

Tam, Qld

To tell you the truth I am always 'conveniently' busy for second or subsequent baby showers if they seem like 'present grabs' rather than what they are meant for in my opinion ... just me tho smile

I didnt have one for my first bub as was new to the area and didnt know anyone. I am pregnant again and know people. A friend asked if I want one but it made me feel weird, I didnt want to say I did incase it looked like I wanted presents and I would be weird about organising my own for the same reason. That is just me though and I am shy like that when it comes to attention.
My friends and I have one for every baby ...first or 6th ...we like to celebrate !!

but the thing is there is no expectations when it comes to gifts ..soemtimes it is a pk of nappies and sometimes it is a 6pk of washers ..soemtimes it is something like a new water bottle !! ...it is more of a case of getting together and spoiling the mum to be ..we massage her feet and do her nails ...just pamper the mum to be !!

One time we all put in and we had a mobile massage lady come out and give her a nice massage at home before she had bubs !! ...

I cant stand these big pressie grabs ..I put "no pressents" on most of my invites I have here at home ..I find it embarrasing to see all those gifts !

lol! I can understand that, but I actually enjoy buying baby stuff for any of my friends, Ive actually been know to spend $100+ on putting together baby gift baskets. To be honest....I spend a lot on my friends kids and although it is better to give than receive it would be nice to get some thing back (if that doesnt sound too pushy! lol)

The cost in me organising these things actually outweighs what is given as gifts and anyone that knows me, knows that I go to a LOT of trouble for these things. It would be nice to have one again and maybe get a few small gifts (nappies etc) to kind of even out the cost to host it!

or maybe I should just have a hightea with girlfiends!

Hi,
I had a baby shower for my DS (7 weeks), but it was a complete surprise organised by my sister. To be honest I was a little embarrased by it all because none of my friends had baby showers for both bubs and my bubs are only 15 months apart so it wasn't that long ago I had my first baby shower.

(Don't get me wrong though, love my sister for her beautiful gesture)

If she had told me she wanted to do something, I would have suggested like some of the other ladies, a nice arvo tea with no gifts. but that is just me and as I said, it wasn't that long ago since my first baby shower. heheh.

O - the other thing, I have seen them called 'Baby Sprinkle' (instead of shower) for a smaller one. i thought this was cute.

i think its fine! i went to one recently and it never even occurred to me that it was her second baby. i just wanted to go to it because its a friend and its a celebration! i'd buy a gift for the baby when it was born anyway, so why not give it at the shower?

i never got one during my first pregnancy so i would LOVE to have one when i have the next bub.

O - the other thing, I have seen them called 'Baby Sprinkle' (instead of shower) for a smaller one. i thought this was cute.

Oh I love this idea!!! although now that I think about it, we will be building a house soon, an possibly moving as well and DS1 bday 2 weeks before my due date so I might be way to busy for any sort of celebration!! blink

Sign in to follow this topic