Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Anyone have a Forehead Thermometer??

Anyone have a Forehead Thermometer?? Rss

Just wondering if anyone has a forehead thermometer and what they think of them???

I'm so over my Omron ear one that only sometimes works and I have serious trust issues in believing the temp it tells me seeing how it can be totally different in 2 reading seconds apart grrr!

So I'm looking at something like this one

What type do you have?? pros & cons??

I've been taking temperatures a LOT over the last few days with DD1 (and DD2 now sad to say), and apparently the head thermometers are not as accurate as the other sorts. I use a digital chemcare thermometer underneath the arm and it works a treat. I had a euky bear one too but the batteries died so don't use that anymore.
i love them! can be a bit difficult with the younger kids (DD is ok, she is 3.5) but with DS its hard getting him to keep his head still to take the temp, so its abit of a forced event.

i just paid $100 for one of the ones u think are crappy for a friends as a baby shower gift sad

Forehead thermometers are the least reliable Ro. Jon swears by the Braun Thermoscan ones, and it's the one they are issued with at the start of uni too. His is the black and silver one, but it retails for over $200. Our home one is a green and white Braun one and it's great. We have had it for over five years now and it's still as accurate as back then. The under arm thermometers are even more accurate again, but it's hard to take a squirmy babies temp with one. HTH and hasn't made the decision even harder!

I have a forehead one and I love it. So easy, sometimes I take our temps just for fun as Miss E likes listening to the lady talk! laugh
She'll happily sit still and let me hold it on her forehead if she gets to hear the lady talk.
Fortunately we haven't had any fevers here as yet so I can't tell you how accurate it is but it seems to work great.

Forehead thermometers are the least reliable Ro. Jon swears by the Braun Thermoscan ones, and it's the one they are issued with at the start of uni too. His is the black and silver one, but it retails for over $200. Our home one is a green and white Braun one and it's great. We have had it for over five years now and it's still as accurate as back then. The under arm thermometers are even more accurate again, but it's hard to take a squirmy babies temp with one. HTH and hasn't made the decision even harder!

No that's great Katey - I'm more than glad to hear that they aren't good before I buy one. I just want something that is accurate and reliable even if it does cost a lot as I'm thinking it'll be getting a good workout between the 2 boys lol!

I'll have a looksie at the Braun one thanks smile

Ive got the stoopid Omron ear one too! I dont like it either.

The other day it got stuck on F instead of C and I had to get on and google the conversion blink

I'd say a really good one is definitely worth the investment. There will be many years of temp taking to come smile

No that's great Katey - I'm more than glad to hear that they aren't good before I buy one. I just want something that is accurate and reliable even if it does cost a lot as I'm thinking it'll be getting a good workout between the 2 boys lol!

I'll have a looksie at the Braun one thanks <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

*link removed*

That's the one I'm talking about for uni and this is the one we have at home

*link removed*

You can get the green one on sale quite often at Amcal, and they usually throw in a little gift with it too. The most expensive part is replacing the plastic covers, which thank goodness Jon can claim on tax! Between all of us, we go through a fair few. LOL

I had an omron one- SHIIIIIIIIIIIT lol but you got a free stuffed with it LOL

I'd go Braun they seem to be the best.

ETA~ At the moment I only use the underarm digital one
yeah i wouldnt know how reliable it is, as my kids havent had fevers since i got it! i just do it to play around with it, and a few times with DS when he was rather grizzly and felt warm, but wasnt actually sick!

One of our GP's has a forehead one and its crap. To unreliabale. N moved his head slightly and it made his temp be 2 degrees higher htan it actually was. Id try a different brand ear thermometre, the forehead ons seems to unreliable.
I have a Omron Ear one and I can honestly say i've never had a problem with it and i've been using it for close to 3 yrs. I never get weird and different readings. I find it very reliable and my DD loves using it. I think you need a child who will sit still and let you hold it in properly for it work well.
Sign in to follow this topic