Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Anyone taken a pregnancy test early

Anyone taken a pregnancy test early Lock Rss

I'm one week post ovulation. Luckily enough I was able to wait until this up coming Tuesday before I have to do any drastic measures to my wedding dress if it can be done that is. anyway i'm due next friday so DF has gone to buy a pack of those early detection ones. I've never used them before so just wondering if anyone has got a result early. i was thinking about taking one tomorrow, sunday and monday and if I don't get a positive result then I was going to go to the doctors and just tell them I'm late even though i'm not in hope that they would get a blood test for me so that I know in time for the dress lady tuesday afternoon

I got a positive 9DPO. Apparently that's pretty early.

Is there any way you can change your dress fitting?? Just to be on the safe side? Even if you got blood tests done on Monday there is no guarantee you would have the results back by the Tuesday.

Best of luck smile
Hi,

With all 3 of my pregnancies, I've got a faint positive 6 days before AF was due. I used the First Response test with both my DD's and this time I used a Clear Blue digital test and all came up positive.

I have a few friends that have got faint positives when they were 9dpo. FX that you get an early positive too.

Best wishes for when you test!! smile

Best of luck, I hope you get the response you want! My sister found out about a week before she was due..

With DS2 i used the cheap ebay ones and got a faint faint faint positive at 9dpo!

I'd probably wait until Monday to test. You're more likely to get a result then ... and preg tests are too expensive to waste grin

I'm one week post ovulation. Luckily enough I was able to wait until this up coming Tuesday before I have to do any drastic measures to my wedding dress if it can be done that is. anyway i'm due next friday so DF has gone to buy a pack of those early detection ones. I've never used them before so just wondering if anyone has got a result early. i was thinking about taking one tomorrow, sunday and monday and if I don't get a positive result then I was going to go to the doctors and just tell them I'm late even though i'm not in hope that they would get a blood test for me so that I know in time for the dress lady tuesday afternoon

I got a Positive POAS at 3 weeks. I went to the Dr for a blood test thinking WOW no way can it show a +++ after only a week but Yep. And the bloods confirmed I was 3 weeks pregnant roll eyes even the DR was surprised it showed positive so early!!!
I got a sstrong +ive about 8 days after OV with my 2nd pregnancy butthat was with twins, with all my others I have not gotten a +ive til just after AF would be due
with my first pregnancy i got positive at 3 weeks and my second i got positive at 4 weeks, so it is possible
i did, i was sure my period was due, but by my u/s was put back 9 days. so not sure if its the same when the egg just takes an extra 9 days to implant.
that was preg number 2.
this bub i was put back 7 days. so thats how my theory is i just take a while longer to implant.....if possible (i think it is)

good luck, the early ones do say 7 days before a missed period?

this is going to sound extreem ...but I got a positive test at 2 weeks pregnant !!

I had one done in the doctors office ..I had no idea how far pregnant I was so I got blood tests done to confirm and they were super super low ..the reason was cause i was only just preggers ..by the time i got to have a scan 4 weeks later she measured at 6 weeks 1 day and she measured exactly in every scan I had (I had 15 scans before 12 weeks )

Thanks everyone for your replies. I did take one tonight as I couldn't resist and it was negative. Unfortunately I can't hold off my dress fitting much longer. Not sure if any of you followed but I'm basically almost 21kg lighter now than when I bought the dress, keep in mind I was 10 weeks pregnant with DS3. The lady at the time said because of the design it didn't matter how much I lost as she could still alter it. Well that's not the case. In this particularly wedding dress and it's sizes, I have gone from a size 18, to a size 2 remembering that this is then based on the brand and their sizing but in general clothes a 16 to a 10. Due to this big loss, the dress lady said it would look horrible if she took it in, so we have to put an order in by this tuesday if we are to order another which is why I need to know whether I am or not asap.

why are you thinking your pregnant? or is it just incase. your hormones are very likely still out of wack from having bubs.

good luck, i hope by tuesday you know if you are or not. but if you can hold out just wait until tuesday morning and test then.

Sign in to follow this topic