Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Would it bother you if you had all Boys all girls??

Would it bother you if you had all Boys all girls?? Rss

I have 2 DDs. Dh wanted a pigeon pair.
Sometimes I could just trade them in (like today!! thay have been fighting and carrying on ALL DAY!!)
But they are the most gorgeous girls and wouldn't change it.

DH said awhile back he really wants a boy (more the chinese Vs family name reasons) and I told him I don't want anymore.but he's conceded girls CAN do anything these days!

I always wanted 4 boys growing up. i have 2 sisters and a brother and i never had the want for a girl. Well my first is a boy i was so happy, my next is a girl..I cried when i found out at the ultrasound.. to be honest I muchg prefer same sex, i dont care what gender, because i have kids for them to have each other, its not about what i want.. they will be doing things together long after i am gone.. I am lucky enough to have 5 boys and 3 girls.. boy girl, boy boy, girl girl boy boy..I would never ever wish for a pidgeon pair... You know , to me, It wa sonly when my DD was 11 that i realized how good it was having a girl, we did tap and jazz when she was 3yo and girly things, but it was only because we had a girl, we may as well put her into that stuff you know.. My sister got married and my DD was flowergirl, and it was so much fun shopping and doing hair etc, but in actual fact, you don't miss what you don't have..Can you imagine if we got to choose the gender of our kids, what we would be missing out on???? if I had all boys i would not be worried, but if i had all girls i reckon i would have kept going just to get the boy....I have only ever met 1 other person who only ever wanted same sex children, we didn't care what gender just give us the same...

8 babies..5boys 3 girls

DH has only ever wanted just boys - I think he is scared of having a teenage daughter more than anything

Before kids I thought one of each would be ideal, probably because everyone talks about the 'pigeon pair' as being 'ideal' more than for any other reason mellow

But after DS1 arrived I fell head over heels in love with having a little boy and when I did fall pregnant with number 2 I wasn't fussed. A girl would've been great, but I was happy too if I had another boy - We had DS2 smile

The only time I get a pang of 'a girl would be nice' is when I go shopping and see the cute little girls clothes and I think 'If I had a girl I would buy that' - Hardly a reason in my book to desperately try for a girl though hahaha laugh

Now days I have friends with pre-teen/teen daughters and sons. When I look at these I actually count my lucky stars I only got boys laugh
I have 2 boys and couldn't be happier- always wanted a boy for my first and then when I found out I was UTD again I was PRAYING so hard for another little man.

i forgot to add a housefull of teenage girls is my worst nightmare smile

I grew up in one! My parents had 3 girls in 3 years ... I don't know how they stayed sane laugh
I have 2 boys, and when i found out DS1 was a boy i was over the moon, as i wanted a boy. When i found out DS2 was a boy i was so upset, but the second he was born I was in love!

I also have 3 step kids, boy, girl, boy. We dont see as much of the girl as we would like, but often have the boys, so I have 4 boys under 7 every fortnight and sometimes during the week, and I love it.

Part of me longs for a girl, but now I just think i want another baby, regardless of the gender, so i guess that means i really am happy to have another. Altho it really scares me how that will change the dynamic we have and I wonder if i really do want another or if i just thought that i did for so long that i dont know how to think otherwise IYKWIM!!??

we'd kinda hoped for a boy first up but have ended up with 2 girls. I occasionally think about what a little boy would be like but I have no desire for more children full stop grin So I guess it shall never be, and that doesn't really bother me.

I grew up in one! My parents had 3 girls in 3 years ... I don't know how they stayed sane laugh

I'm content with my 3 little girls.

However, as above - I had 3 girls in 3 years, and the teenage years are a scary thought!!!
when i was pregnant with DD1 i really wanted a girl but convinced myself i was having a boy so i wouldnt be dissapointed, but was SO happy she was a girl. With DD2 i definately didnt want a boy but pregnancy was so different from first i thought i must be having boy this time, but once again was so happy when she was a girl.
Barring any 'accidents' our family is now complete and i couldnt be happier. have no desire to have a boy and hubby doesnt care either. I love other peoples boys and have 2 beautiful nephews, but boys aren't for me!!
Depends on the person.

I would have happily had 4 girls and tbh I fully expected DS (he has 3 older sisters) to be a girl too. Shocked the hell out of me when they said we had a boy!

On the other hand I have a SIL who has 4 boys who would love to have a girl and plans to adopt one seeing as nature didn't give her one.
When i found out i was preg i wanted a girl, thought id have a boy because i wanted a girl but i got my girl, now everyone says ohh youd want a little boy now?? NOPE i dont, if i could pick id pick 3 girls, iv never felt the need to have a boy but if i had a boy i would long for a little girl. if i had of had a boy first up i def would of had another baby by now to see if i could get my girl, but i got my girl and i dont feel the need to have any more any time soon smile
When i found out i was preg i wanted a girl, thought id have a boy because i wanted a girl but i got my girl, now everyone says ohh youd want a little boy now?? NOPE i dont, if i could pick id pick 3 girls, iv never felt the need to have a boy but if i had a boy i would long for a little girl. if i had of had a boy first up i def would of had another baby by now to see if i could get my girl, but i got my girl and i dont feel the need to have any more any time soon smile
Sign in to follow this topic