Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

15 month old Lock Rss

What level did or does your 15month old have?? How many words does he/she say? What type of words?

DD is 15months and has very good language skills, so i've been told. She started talking at about 9months. Now she will say a very wide range a words, apart from the obivous mum, dad, etc.

DD2 is 16 months and says:
Mum/ mummy
dad
Charlotte
Ellie
Dora
Shoes
Don't touch
No
Please
Meeeeeeee
Cheese
More
Night night
Dog
That's all I can think of right now.
when my dd was 15 months she was talking in 4-5 word sentences parroting back everything anyone said. she said her wirst word at 10 months.

ETA when ds was 15 months the only word he would say was "ta" he could say a lot of words leading up to it but then just decided to only say "ta" for about 5 weeks. then just started talking again one day.

ds took a while to talk.

at13m he said his first word "ta"

by 18months he knew around 10 words.

so by 15 would of maybe been 5 words

DD says-
Mumma
Dadda
Teddy
Car
Clock
Shoes
Nana
Cool
Poo
Night Night
Dance
Book
Ball
Light
Teeth
Cheese
Ta
Yes
No
Dog
Door
Tv
Plane

That's all I can think of at the moment. DD is 16 months. She knows all the sounds that animals make aswell which I think is quite clever smile

my DD is very good at talking, but she is my 2nd, so she has had my DS to copy. At around 16 months she was talking in 3 word sentences. Now at nearly 2 she speaks almost as well as DS who is nearly 4.
DS1 was lucky to be saying 5 words at 15mths. In fact I still remember at 18 mths he was lucky to say 10 words and the GP said if he didn't improve by 2 he would look at referring him to a speechy. Well he hit about 22 mths and the words and sentences just poured out and now at almost 6 he is a super clear talker with a big vocab ... YOu would never pick now he was a late talker

DS2 on the other hand was talking 3-4 word sentences by 15mths of age. He is now 4.5 and looking to be referred to a speech pathologist, not because of his talking but because they are worried about his comprehension of 'intake' of speech.

So just goes to show you can never really pick it wink

So just goes to show you can never really pick it wink

i agree with this. i dont think it really matters. i am beginning to learn that alot of people think their kids are geniouses. and of course they are cos they are yours! by the time they are 5, most children are all on par with each other.
Sign in to follow this topic