Huggies Forum

mums with daughters Lock Rss

my dd is 11 months old and owns dresses yet i never put them on her as i dont like her in them. it looks wrong to me. i put her in a skirt and top on mothers day and (to me) it just didnt suit her. i think she looks way cuter in pants etc. dh thinks it is because i dont like or wear dresses but i disagree. i just dont think she looks good in them.

is there anyone else who prefers their dd wear pants?
I prefer DD in pants simply because it is easier and i think she is more comfortable. As cute as little ones are in dresses I usually keep them for special occasions. Now DD is getting a little older she wears skirts and tshirts a little more in summer

Is your DD walking? cos crawling in a dress must suck lol

I find it easier to change her bottom when she is in pants opposed to tights and a dress, but a dress looks hundreds times cuter on little girls!

I always get comments from people when DD is in a dress that it's great to see a little girl in a dress instead of pants for a change. They just look so much more cute and girly! IMO!

for me, it has to do with hair, and if they are able to stand.

my sis was still basically bald as an older baby, so i would of thought she didnt suit them.

i also didnt like sitting babies to wear dresses.

but then i had dd. she has alot of hair. and wore dresses through summer. but i admit will look alot better next summer when she can stand.

I have 2 DD's and they both wear a mixture! I think they look gorgeous in jeans and a jacket/jumper. But I put them in dresses often too, especially when the weather gets warmer. I don't wear anything but jeans really and I didn't want to never put my girls in dresses/skirts because I'm not used to it lol. But I do love them! So I'll say an even mix for us smile

I prefer DD in pants simply because it is easier and i think she is more comfortable. As cute as little ones are in dresses I usually keep them for special occasions. Now DD is getting a little older she wears skirts and tshirts a little more in summer

Is your DD walking? cos crawling in a dress must suck lol

only furniture walking but they would be a pain when she is crawling...may be once she is crawling i may think she looks ok in dresses but i am not convinced smile
DD does mainly wear shorts and skirts but mid summer when its hottest dresses keep her cooler. Until DD walked i only put a dress on rarely as well crawling in a dress didn't seem like fun. Now little miss has to pick her own clothes if were at home and she likes skirts as she can put them on herself. We are in the process of perfecting getting pants on she has trouble getting them over her nappy.
best tip I was given was to keep the dresses and then use them as t-shirts when DD was a bit bigger/older. All of the dresses that she was given in 00/0 sizes are now the perfect length for a nice t-shirt so she's getting wear out of them just not in the 'expected' way. It does help that DD is very slim so fits them width wise and they look fantastic as tops smile.

I don't mind dresses as such but I'm not a fan of being able to see the nappies etc so I tended to put her in pants and tops when she was little. Once she could walk I did start to use dresses but then they needed to be reasonably long (mid thigh-knee length).

Leisa.
DD1 wears a mix of both, but mainly wears pants/shorts. If she's in a dress, I just put a nappy cover on. Nappies are so ugly!
I prefer nappy changes in a dress as opposed to pants.
But they're obviously more a summer thing.
Like PP said, small dresses turn into tops, and also, big tops can be dresses smile

I think little girls belong in pretty dresses and skirts and DD is always in them dont get me wrong around the house she wears trackies and she does wear jeans and other pants but we always get comments when she is in her little skirt tights and jacket for winter people are forever commenting that thats how a little girl should be dressed always older people who comment too. I just think this might be the only girl i have and i can put jeans on a boy but cant put a dress on him!!!
my dd mostly wears pants too. she has a few dresses tho and wears them for certain occasions. she didnt have many dresses before she could walk. and i also dont really see the point of dresses when she is just sitting in the stroller. she does have a few skirts tho and usually i put leggings under them when she wears them. as she is getting older she has more dresses, and i guess at some point she will tell me which she reffers dresses or pants and we will go from there.

I think it has a lot to do with the personality, the body shape and age of the baby. DD1 looked brilliant in dresses from the time she was walking until recently (3 years) but although she loves wearing them and being a "dancing dolly like Barbie" she looks much better in pants and they are 10 times more practical for climbing and riding her bike. DD2 is only 5 1/2 months but if what she is like now is anything to go off I suspect she is going to suit dresses much more than pants. I rarely dress her in dresses at the moment though as they are just not practical on a little baby.
Sign in to follow this topic