Huggies Forum

yes or no Lock Rss

I have posted about my dilemma before about my wedding and my brother, and just want other peoples opinions again.

My brother and I dont talk (I wont go into it again, unless someone wants to know)

I dont want to invite him to the wedding, but it is a major issue with my parents.

1. Yes, invite him to make parents happy or

2. No, not invite, as its my day, my choice.

I know that my parents are never going to get over the fact that he didnt get invited, but I will feel uncomfortable having him there. Im so torn. This is supposed to be one of the happiest days of my life, but its seems to be all about him.

What do you think?
2. No, not invite, as its my day, my choice.
Id say not invite him, its your day!

Im also planning my wedding and have the same problem only its not a brother its my dad!!!

but i have decided i will invite him as i know he wont fly across the country to be with me on my day!!! So works out good LOL!!
No

I wouldn't as its your day and you should be happy as this only happens once in your life well for some ppl it happens more then once.

Your parents should be happy for you and understand that its your day your own family now and you can chose to have who you do and do not wont in your life.

Good Luck And Congrates on getting Married

Sally

Im liking the answers so far lol. My parents are not paying for the wedding, we are, so they cant use that. I have been through hell and back in the past, and then found my prince charming, and my parents are more focused on my brother than me, it really hurts. thanks
Go with choice no 2. It is your day and you should be happy.

Im liking the answers so far lol. My parents are not paying for the wedding, we are, so they cant use that. I have been through hell and back in the past, and then found my prince charming, and my parents are more focused on my brother than me, it really hurts. thanks

I still say you should elope lol! Take the kids somewhere beautiful and do it with them as your witnesses. The nobody can get their nose out of joint, you don't have to worry about other people's selfishness, and you can focus on your special day!

But otherwise, I'd go for option 2. If your parents have a problem, flat out say that you are DONE talking about it. You've explained your reasoning behind it and you don't need to keep justifying it. If they start talking on the phone about it, politely say, I am not discussing this with you anymore. If they keep trying, say I have to go now bye. Walk away if they persue it in person. Try not to get angry, keep your cool. If they can see that it rattles you and makes you angry they'll keep hammering away about it but if they can see that you're calm and rational they will have nothing to work with. Good luck xx
Why should you invite him if you dont want to? It's your and your fiance's day. If you don't talk to your brother, and having him at the wedding would only make you have negative feelings/thoughts then simply don't invite him. It's your choice and your day.

If your parents nag you about it just tell them the truth - you don't talk to your brother, your not close to him and you dont want him at your wedding. Like you said, you're paying for the wedding....why pay good money for people to come and eat your food and drink your booze that you dont want there in the forst place?

Good luck

no
2. no its your day.

I had issues with my grandmother about my wedding because we made a conscious decision not to invite one of my uncles to come. Fortunately I had my parent's support and they told nanna to basically back off over it. I didn't know my uncle at the time (hadn't seen him for 10+ years, wouldn't know him if I walked past him in the street etc) and didn't see why I should invite someone I didn't know and had no relationship with to my own wedding. To me a wedding is a day where you are surrounded by friends and family to support you and your husband as you start this new stage of your life together. From what you've said in previous posts, your brother wouldn't be there as a 'support' for you or your husband/kids so why should he be there?

All the best and I hope your parents ease up on you about it all.

Leisa.
My opinion is I wouldn't invite him either.
Especially since your parents aren't contributing to the costs of the wedding anyway why should you do something that only they want ?!

But otherwise if you think the pressure is too hard to handle or will damage your relationship with them could you maybe invite him in the hope that he won't come? Don't know what his feelings to you are but if your confident he wouldn't want to come either than maybe this way you can keep parents happy by inviting him anyway?

Good luck and as a last resort maybe you could threaten to not invite them either if they keep hassling you over your decision.
I was going to say that I probably would invite him but then I read that you would feel uncomfortable if he was there... if that is the case then NO dont invite him!! You should not feel uncomfortable or pressured into doing anything on your wedding day.

No matter what I chose for my wedding I was pi$$ing someone off... as long as I wasnt the one pi$$ed off I didnt care.

Sign in to follow this topic