Huggies Forum

Do I just go and see my GP Rss

I want my tubes tied. Do I just go and talk to my GP or do I have to see someone at the hospital?

Hi

My mum had hers cliped and what she did was talked to her dr and from there they might do it them self this dr did but you might get referal to a dr that will do it

hope that has helped

Good Luck

I want my tubes tied. Do I just go and talk to my GP or do I have to see someone at the hospital?

Your GP will refer you to someone who does them. Your local hospital or a OB/GYN.
yep, just go to the GP who will refer you to the right place. And get your referral in that day if you can, sometimes waiting lists can be a long time.

I am in the process of the same thing ATM (well, not tubes tied, but having Essure procedure, so still permanent birth control). It took about 5 weeks from the referral to the initial OB/GYN appointment, through the public system.

ETA be firm on what procedure that you want. I have had the BP and the ob/gyn want me to have the Mirena - and when explained that I have 5 kids, and now health problems from the last birth, and it HAS to be permanent, they are then telling me that I should have tubal ligation, which requires a general anaesthetic and is a higher risk for me because of health problems and obesity, it also has a longer recovery time than the procedure that I want. I had to be firm, and explain that I understand the different procedures, and I am 100% certain in the birth control method that I think is right for me.
Sign in to follow this topic