Huggies Forum

The Ex wants...... Lock Rss

[center]opinions please......Ex husband wants the baby clothes that his mother knitted for OUR children so he can put them on his new baby (not due till Oct).....I want to keep them so the boys can use them on their children when they have them...... his mum died a month after our 1st was born so isn't here to put her opinion in....I will probs keep them but just wanting to know what others think[/center]

I would keep them. I have a few baby thing that I am keeping till N is older
Can you share some of the clothes? The children will always be brothers from both relationships
tbh I would probably keep them, your MIL made them for your boys.

I understand what you are saying about wanting to keep them because they were made for your boys, BUT i'm trying to think if i were him, and my mum had knitted something for my babies and had since passed away i reckon that they would mean the absolute world to me!

Sooooooo could you maybe keep some and give him some compromise a bit??
WOW your ex has a hide to ask. My sisters ex askedfor the baby cot and pram even though my parents paid for them.lol She said no he left pissed.lol
i would say no. she made them for your boys. they may mean something to them as she was their grandma.

kinda petty if you ask me...
He is having a girl with the new wife according to an ultrasound

He won't share.....once he gets them he won't give them back

hmmm that's a hard one!
If it were me......I don't think that I could part with them!
Are you still friends? Do you think if you lent them to him you would get them back?

I understand what you are saying about wanting to keep them because they were made for your boys, BUT i'm trying to think if i were him, and my mum had knitted something for my babies and had since passed away i reckon that they would mean the absolute world to me!

Sooooooo could you maybe keep some and give him some compromise a bit??

Agreed. If they came from your side of the family then fair enough that you would keep them, but seeing as they came from his now deceased mother I would be inclined to at least go halves in the clothes..
Yeah they were made for your kids, but they were made for your kids due to being their father's children - ie her grandkids from him, so for me, technically, they're more his than yours in that sense..

That's my thoughts anyhoo.

He is having a girl with the new wife according to an ultrasound

He won't share.....once he gets them he won't give them back

In that case no!
I get the sentimental value on his side but he has everything else that was his mums & these are for my boys ......

She loved me & treated me like her own... we were really close & I know she would have a hard time with the fact that he has remarried if she was still here.....

I have asked Caleb (16 yrs) what he thinks & he said he doesn't want to give them to his dad

Sign in to follow this topic