Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. I need some present ideas for a new mum...

I need some present ideas for a new mum... Rss

Any and all ideas would be fantastic as I'm drawing blanks here...blink unsure and *bub* will be the happy recipient of masses and masses of 2nd hand me downs.

Pretty much no price range, though they ARE trying desperately to pay as much of off a house before *bub* makes it's appearance [read that as cheap is cool, if it helped you big time]. And no, they are not checking the sex of *bub*. roll eyes

I've been though the places to get cheaper nappies, formula, wipes/wipey thingimies, sung the prases of certain shops *no names on here of course*. Whatever you can do say or to help would be fantabulous grin.

TIA cool
Hi There,

You may want to have a look to www.safesleepsolutions.com. We have a range of Organic Cotton Sheets and wraps and we are as well selling the Sleepwrap by Safe T Sleep - which provides parents with more restful and safe nights.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of these products.

All the best

Lise G

Any and all ideas would be fantastic as I'm drawing blanks here...blink unsure and *bub* will be the happy recipient of masses and masses of 2nd hand me downs.

Pretty much no price range, though they ARE trying desperately to pay as much of off a house before *bub* makes it's appearance [read that as cheap is cool, if it helped you big time]. And no, they are not checking the sex of *bub*. roll eyes

I've been though the places to get cheaper nappies, formula, wipes/wipey thingimies, sung the prases of certain shops *no names on here of course*. Whatever you can do say or to help would be fantabulous grin.

TIA cool
One of the best gifts I was given as a new mum was a Baby Sling. I think the brand is Bubzilla? Anyway, it was great when bub was a newborn and I needed two hands but she was wanting some comfort from me. She would fall asleep. I also used it for privacy when breastfeeding out and about and now that she is 1yr old it is fantastic to carry her on my hip with when needing to duck into the shops (she feels SO much lighter in the sling!)I also recieved a Baby Bjorn when she was born but I found I have gotten a lot more use out of the sling.

TIA cool
The best present I got & used the most was a nursing pillow. Once DS had good head control I was also able to prop him up on it. I know you could probably use a U shape pillow but they are very bulky to take out & about with you. My nursing pillow fitted nicely into my nappy bag!
How about some breastfeeding/maternity pyjamas? I love mine! A voucher to have her hair done or a mani/pedi?

Or .... a funky shower cap fromLey Lou. After all, what new mum has time to wash her hair LOL <span class="emoticon wink">wink</span>

If, they dont already have one, a bassinett, change table or good thermometer. You could also get a bumbo seat for later on (you can use from about 3 months). I loved our bumbo seat, I would put it outside when I was hanging the laundry and my DD would sit in it getting morning sun and watch me. bumbo seat allows baby to sit without assistance
How about a homemade booklet of 'services', you could make up some fancy coupons on the computer. You may include: [list] [item]A homemade meal [/item][item]To baby sit bub for a few hours/overnight [/item][item]To do a load of laundry [/item][item]A girly night in [/item][item]Or any other thing you think the new mum would like/need. [/item][/list] Or you could put together a basket of homemade meals that the new mum can store in her freezer to use as she pleases.

Ben 25/10/06 + Erin 10/9/08

I would have loved some gift vouchers to buy new clothes or for a hairdresser or beautician....ohh or a massage!!
I got a friend of mine a voucher for a House Cleaner. We all got together and bought her 20 hours of house cleaning services from a lady that has her own business. So anytime she needed her floors or bathrooms or whatever done, she called up the house cleaner and she came and did them for her.

Wish someone had of given me one of them!! I am sure most house cleaners would be more than happy to do a voucher for their services.

Sign in to follow this topic