Huggies Forum

resume's Lock Rss

hi just wondering what u put on ur resume and if u put a title letter .... like explaining i'm a single mum looking for work mon-fri ?? or not thanks

MUM TO RJ 28 10 03 & EJ 23 07 06

I put a cover letter if I am just dropping my resume to random places with hours I am available to work and stuff.

If I am applying for an advertised position I don't unless it is requested in the ad.

On my resume I had:

Name and Contact details (obviously)
Previous Employment/Duties
Certificates
School
References

I think that was it. I had mine set out differently though, because all my work had been in the same field so rather than list the duties (all the same) with each one I listed each job and then a separate section for all the duties IYKWIM

HTH
I usually put an application letter on stating where I saw the advertisement and how my qualifications and personal attributes are suited to the job etc.

I would however not put "i'm a single mum looking for work mon-fri" as it doesn't look very professional and your relationship status has nothing to do with work. You can mention you are a mum but make it a positive and use it like " I have experience working with children" or " good time management skills"

Good luck in finding a job

thanks ! i havent worked since a year after i left school( 7 yrs ago!) so that sux! not much to put on it but hopefully someone will give me a go !!

thanks ! i havent worked since a year after i left school( 7 yrs ago!) so that sux! not much to put on it but hopefully someone will give me a go !!

In that case focus on personal attributes, good communication, friendly disposition, time management etc

i've done some volunteer work at my sons school canteen and in the class room and i served the food at a friends wedding so i've put that down 2 not sure how / weather to put about my sons class room

Could you head to a job agency they usually have people who could help out with a resume and help finding a job
Good luck

yeah i have though about that but because my children aren't both of school age i'm the lowest prioty !! so they will take my name but thats about all they do for me really !

where should i put a note about when i'm available to work ? it wont fill a whole page so should i just put a small message about myself and when i'm available to work ?

Sign in to follow this topic