Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. I have this odd medical condition

I have this odd medical condition Lock Rss

Its called idiopathic cold urticaria and is a type of hives caused by the cold.The funny thing that made my day about it was the fact it is common in young people aged 18-25! I have not been 25 for almost 20 years!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I have it too vkw (or at least I get oh so attractive hives from the cold - different doctors have given different names to it and all have said 'just stay warm'!).

I'm not going to share with any of my family the title you have - idiopathic is just opening me up to way too many cheap shots!

I have it too vkw (or at least I get oh so attractive hives from the cold - different doctors have given different names to it and all have said 'just stay warm'!).

I'm not going to share with any of my family the title you have - idiopathic is just opening me up to way too many cheap shots!

heehe, it just means no known cause! mine is just on one finger and always this time of year (its on my 'rude finger' as my kids call it lol).Last year,it also affected my ring finger and it took me 4 days to get my wedding & engagement rings off, I have removed them already just in case.Where do you get the hives?my gp advised me to take zirtec

Mines a top to toe thing. I even get a good asthma attack if I have a thickshake or icecream! (I believe the asthma attack is worth suffering through...). I've had it since I was little. Used to be oh so attractive getting to school in the morning with blotchy red legs!

In primary school my teacher used to joke that I was the swimming pool thermometer - if they threw me in and I went 'lumpy' it was obviously too cold for people to swim!
its weird isn't it?You say the docs said keep warm.I have not even been cold but the wind must have caused it.Maybe I should wear a gove on my left hand lol

Sign in to follow this topic