Huggies Forum

Children in a limousine Rss

I don't know if there is a law on what age children can go in a limo when they're still meant to be in a car seat.. So if there is then ignore my question haha.. But what age would you let your child go in a limo? I'm only asking because I'm getting married in November and would love to go in my limo with my girls and my niece (my flower girls) but I'm so not comfortable having them roam around in a limo like that. Maddi'll be a couple of months of 3yrs then my niece is 6 months younger than her and Emilie will be 18 months. I'm just curious what other people do.

I got married in a large park, the carpark was a fair distance from the ceremony spot and the cars drove down a long path to it. You couldn't see the carpark because of trees so I had my brother drive my nephew who was 20 months (page boy) into the park and then he jumped in the car with my sister (bridesmaid) just for the last bit. Not sure if you could do that? I'd say they can go in the limo without a seat but if it's a long drive you might not want them to.
I got in a taxi last week(CAR BROKE DOWN! no other way home) and 22MTH sat strapped on my knee as the driver said there was no law for children to be in a car seat in a taxi??? Bizarre i thought but had to get DD home at night so went with it. blink
My son went in a limo to and from the airport when he was 12 months. You just tell them you need a car seat and they will have one in it when they come.

I got in a taxi last week(CAR BROKE DOWN! no other way home) and 22MTH sat strapped on my knee as the driver said there was no law for children to be in a car seat in a taxi??? Bizarre i thought but had to get DD home at night so went with it. blink

That is wrong.

Okay taxi rules in Brisbane-
Baby - parent seat belt on, baby in arms- so much more unsafe to have them strapped in the same seat belt.
Toddlers- one child in one seat. Adults must strap them in.

If you have your own seat you should be allowed to fit it if the car has correct ancor points- maybe check with the company.

Check with the limo company as to what they can do for you.
if you tell the limo company there will be children in the car then they will will provide car seats

You got me wondering .I went onto QLD transport not sure which state your in.

FAQ For QLd transport for use in a taxi of child restraints ,Are there any exemptions?
There is an exemption from having to use a child restraint if travelling in a taxi, but children seven years of age or more must use the adult seatbelt.

The driver is responsible for ensuring that all people travelling in their vehicle are correctly restrained. If they or their passengers are not restrained correctly, they risk being fined A$300 and three demerit points for each unrestrained or incorrectly restrained child in the vehicle.

The only exemptions are:

taxis and limousines where no child restraint is supplied
on medical grounds where a certificate is provided by a doctor.
If more than one seatbelt offence occurs within a 12-month period, an additional three demerit points will apply. The additional demerit point penalty will apply to driver-related offences for seatbelts.
Thanks vsmummy i couldn't find anything about strapping!

I know for next time!
The diversity of children in limousine service and their post certainly likes this thing, then I will sure be there to recommend this article to find limo hire in Cardiff online so that the customer is satisfied at all ends. I really do hope this conserves to be true.
Concerts are always the main attraction of the people especially the teenagers and youngsters. The parents of these youngsters are not much satisfied if young friends manage to go to the concert themselves. Limousines have solved the problem of both parents and children. china tour 2020
thanks special post very helpfull. mapquest street view when traveling!
Sign in to follow this topic