Huggies Forum

Did you go to Uni ?? Lock Rss

I am for the most part uneducated ...I have a cert 4(??) in hospitality and catering practices ...I have hardly used ...did if for a year or two when I left school ..then went back as a second job when we were saving for a house ...I dont know if my formal hospitality training got me the job or what ...

I did a six week pharmacy cource 13 years ago and that is what i have done since ...I always thought I was never smart enough for uni and never ever considered it ...

when I hear that someone has a uni degree I awlays think that they must be really smart ...cause you would have to have a year 12 cert to go right ?? well ..I had to learn how to scrape plates for me to pass grade 12 !!! lol ol lol

I have to this date never stepped foot into a Uni ... but I am thinking about doing something ...but the thought of doing a year 12 cert frightens the bejesus out of me ..has anyone gone back as a mature age student with out a year 12 pass ???

yup went 2 uni
now have
2 bachelors
1 cert 4
1 cert 3
and a partridge in a pear tree
lolol

frankie any idiot can get a degree... it is purely a piece of pretty paper.. I have worked with a lot of people who are absolute idiots who have degrees and a lot of people with no pretty piece of paper who were unreal

You dont have to do year 12 cert first. You could prob enter as a mature age student. All you have to dois an examwhich apparently is fairly easy.

ETA this link stat test

I havent been to uni. I chose to have N first. i want to do something by correspondence but no idea what!
My theory is if you can read and write you can get through uni (the odd drink doesn't hurt either!).

I think you'd find Frankie, without the highschool politics to go with it, doing a Yr 12 certificate on your own time will be far less daunting than you imagine. Plus you've got plenty of people around who would be willing to help you through any sticking points you came across.

As for uni - I went straight from highschool and got a Bachelors. I got a bit bored a couple of years later so did a Masters through distance ed. When I was about to pop with S2 I decided to start a Cert IV - I'm about half way through that and really need to finish it off as I'm paying for extensions on my time for it now!!!

You don't need book smarts to do uni. You need real-world smarts and you have plenty of that!
Frankie I always felt like that too I have dyslexia as well, but I have done a cert IV in health (nursing) and I am doing my bachelor of nursing uni degree at the moment and I am keeping up with all the work and getting good grades and once finished this degree I will be going on to do mid midwifery!
Anyone can do it if I can do it!

Edited to add that I entered as a mature age student to both of mine

yup went 2 uni
now have
2 bachelors
1 cert 4
1 cert 3
and a partridge in a pear tree
lolol

frankie any idiot can get a degree... it is purely a piece of pretty paper.. I have worked with a lot of people who are absolute idiots who have degrees and a lot of people with no pretty piece of paper who were unreal

but if you had the pretty piece of paper you woulnt have to fight so hard to proove yourself .the paper would talk for you wouldnt it ??

My husband has a masters in Statistics (yawn ....booooooooring lol lol lol ) ..and he has never ever had a problem getting a job ..he has them offered to them all the time ..purely cause he can do a percentage on a calculator LMAO !!! lol lol...I feel so dumb compared to him ...I really want to test myself but I am petrified !!! unsure

I have just enrolled to do Bachelor of Education (early childhood) and I am by no means the smartest person.
When I enrolled I wasn't ask whether I finished high school or not.

If it's something you want to do Frankie then do it, I did and I feel great to say that I am learning again and that when I am finished I WILL be a teacher.

have to agree with that. not all people who went to uni are that intelligent.

i passed year 12 but didnt go to uni. has no idea what i wanted to be etc...
Well I spent a lot of time at uni but never as a student. I didn't pass year 12, but passed English at night school. I have a woopdeedoo certifict 2 in conservation.

I honestly would like to do something but I have no idea what. I have to say my fil is doing a phd and he is an idiot.

My theory is if you can read and write you can get through uni (the odd drink doesn't hurt either!).

Well I am busted right there !!! lol lol lol

what happens if you fail though ...does your name get put on a red "FAIL" board ?? lol lol ...what if I go through 6 years of uni and I fail ?? what happens then ???(obviously no degree ..but is it that cut and dry ???)

No never did go to uni - I went to TAFE for a year and did a Diploma in Marketing Management but didn't enjoy it and didn't pursue that career. Then I got a traineeship in admin and did a Cert II in Business through that.

I graduated with first class honors but its a piece of paper and means nothing in the real world. Its what you learn on the job and from other people that has the most impact. Having said that, a degree does help when you need a job and a job that might pay well, does that make sense?
Sign in to follow this topic