Huggies Forum

Makes me angry Lock Rss

We seen an ad earlier for pet adoption through pedigree and i've just been checking it out and theres a gorgeous lab on there 9 years old, his family were moving and couldn't take him with them, he's been with them since a pup, how sad is that, how could you have a dog as part of your family for 9 years and just up and leave them. My pets are for forever and it makes me so angry that people get pets and just dump them off when it doesn't suit!! I'm either going to have to stop looking at this site or get a really really really big back yard!!!
i hear you sad

we were going through tough times a couple of years ago and people told me i should give my dogs away (they are 9 and 10 years old) to ease the financial burden. my response was that id rather sleep in my car with them by my side than give them away!

i am such a huge animal lover i am forever rescuing and handing in injured and abandoned pets and wildlife. i would love to become a foster carer for the RSPCA if ever we are in a position to.

I recently "adopted" 2 guinea pigs that my friend had. i discovered they had no water and were not regularly fed so i offered to take them off her hands. they are the most beautiful little creatures. i didnt WANT them, but id rather them burden me and be looked after than burden them and be mistreated.

I also think pet shops should not be allowed to sell puppies and kittens. there are so many thousands of animals in shelters and pet shops only make the problem worse because people buy on impulse because they are "cute" and then decide they are too much hard work.

Drives me crazy because they cant fend for themselves, they dont have a voice and for some reason, people seem to think that because they are an animal, they dont feel pain or suffering or hunger.

GRRRRRR...this is something i am very passionate about angry
sorry to rant in your thread!
haha no problems rant away!! My cat is currently asleep on top of the couch and our dogs at dp's feet!! They're our babies!!!

Where we used to live dp tried to steal our neighbours cat because it was so skinny and it had like a plastic braclet around it's neck for a collar, dp ripped that off and it spent a few nights at our house, but they were a bit rough and i think they were getting suss, so he'd slip it food whenever it came into our yard!!

I hate it when people have pets and then say oh it's so stupid, i say train it and they say oh we don't have time for that!! Well why did you freakin get a pet for!!!! I could go on and on and on LOL
We wanted to get a dog a while ago and went to the pound to find one.. Every time we went they were all already taken, it was so hard to rescue a doggy haha!

We've recently bought a lab and he's so cute! He's so tiny and I'm really looking forward to him and my girls growing up together and we've slightly altered our routine to fit him in.

I hate hearing about older dogs that are suddenly separated from their family, it must be so sad for them.

Yup....big 'sigh'

All our cats (except 1) have been welfare rescues or abandoned. Our first two are no longer with us but they lived for 17 and 16 years....not bad for street riff raff, lol.
Our next three are 3, 2 and 1 and we are looking forward to having them for MANY years yet, even though they cost the earth.
We also have two Whippets that are getting on in years but they are part of the family.

Mum of three amazing people

we have a 2 1/2 year old border collie, he is very much apart of our family and always will be no matter what.... he became apart of our family 4 days before I had Ethan...

My DH's ex wife had a gorgous dog and they ttreated her very badly and she ended up retailating and biting them, so they had her destroyed at the RSPCA. What they dont understand is she became the way that she did because of what they did to her..... they now have a cat which is going down the same route, it bites, scratches and has been killed their baby rabbits and its all because of the way he is treated..... Some people should not be able to have pets or for that matter in some cases Children!!!! lol
our dogs were "rescue" dogs too.
our male dog was being beaten by his owner (an acquainatance of DH) and he'd had a fight with his girlfriend so he went out the back and started kicking the dog so my DH picked the dog up, walked out the door with him and never returned! he's had our boy ever since. its sad because even 9 years later he still shakes at the sound of chopping with a meat cleaver or certain sudden noises.

Our female was being sold out of someones car boot and because she had a kink in her tail and a bent ear, no one wanted her and the guy said he was going to drown her so my DH paid $20 for her. The best 20 bucks he has ever spent! she is the most intelligent, sensitive, switched on dog i've ever known! (although i am a little biased LOL)

Ive rang the RSPCA on heaps of people over mistreatment of animals. to me, its one of the scummiest things you can do.

We seen an ad earlier for pet adoption through pedigree and i've just been checking it out and theres a gorgeous lab on there 9 years old, his family were moving and couldn't take him with them, he's been with them since a pup, how sad is that, how could you have a dog as part of your family for 9 years and just up and leave them. My pets are for forever and it makes me so angry that people get pets and just dump them off when it doesn't suit!! I'm either going to have to stop looking at this site or get a really really really big back yard!!!

i agree its sad that the dog had to be rehomed, but u dont know the situation behind why it couldnt go with these people to their new home, maybe they had to move to a rental house that wouldnt have pets (and i know in my area rentals are very hard to come buy so u cant really pick and choose u just have to take what u can get) maybe the owner was too old and moved to a nursing home, maybe they passed away, there is so many maybes and i think instead of being angry at the previous owner for giving up their pet (was most likely a heartbreaking decision for them) but be glad that the dog is in the rspca, up on thre website and will shortly have a new home, and be brightening another families life.

cases where puppies are dumped adn animals are abused and neglected are the ones that make me sad and angry!

so good to see more animal lovers on here!! Katie you will love your lab, we have a lab x and he is so beautiful! He fretted for me when i was in hospital after i had dd1, he's so gentle and loving, yet protective at the same time!!

Neither of our were rescued pets but we are looking at getting another dog in the near future and would most definately like it to be a rescued pooch! I've already found 5 i want LOL

Jacnovember i think it was, i understand that there circumstances may have changed or whatever but i just CANNOT understand how anyone could just pass there pet on, give them up!! My god it would kill me, if i had to go to a rental that had no pets i'd sneak them in, i know people who've done it and are doing it LOL, there was one dog on there that when they received him he was malnourished i think it said 15kgs, and they've now got him up to 25kgs....so sad!!!!

You should be more sensitive to other people's situations. You don't know why they were moving and why they couldn't take the dog. If they'd had him for nine years, they obviously had taken care of him for some time - it's not like they were the sort of people who get sick of a dog once he is no longer a puppy. Don't be so judgemental.

As a teenager, my family moved overseas and my mother decided that we would not be taking our cat, whom we had had for seven years. This was because she would have had to spend six months in quarantine, and my mother had heard that animals in quarantine were treated badly and she didn't want to put the cat through that, and we would have struggled to pay all the costs to do with travelling and vaccinations. We were all devastated to leave behind our cat as she was truly a lovely pet. However, it all worked out well in that a friend of my mother's agreed to take her. Then we ended up moving back here after only nine months (we'd planned on not coming back at all) and my mother's friend agreed to give her back. She lived with us until she had to be put down at age 18 when she had cancer of the bladder.
No i will be sensative to the poor animals that don't have a voice!! Could you imagine living with someone for 9 years and then just getting sent somewhere else never to see them again???

No i will be sensative to the poor animals that don't have a voice!! Could you imagine living with someone for 9 years and then just getting sent somewhere else never to see them again???

See now I love animals too but I really think they get over things very easily and would be just as happy living with another loving family as it was with it's previous family.
Sign in to follow this topic