Huggies Forum

WAPF Families Lock Rss

Just wondering if there is any other familys following WAPF nutrition (Weston A Price Foundation) smile Cheers

Not in its entirety, but getting slowly closer. We're gradually making a lot of lifestyle changes and WAPF stuff is one of them.

not specifically, but we do a lot of the things they advocate. (kefir, raw dairy, etc)

what are you after?

not specifically, but we do a lot of the things they advocate. (kefir, raw dairy, etc)

what are you after?

Nothing really we've been following it for a year now was just wondering how many other families were out there and how they were getting on with it thats all smile

Can i ask what it is?

Can i ask what it is?

for sure smile its going back to the traditional way of eating ie animal fats and raw milk (pasteurised stuff is deadly) unprocessed whole foods, soaked grains and fermented foods basically what humans are supposed to live on, not todays over processed, low fat diet which is causing infertility and disease to sky rocket
sorry for going on but im quite passionate about it as i believe giving kids low fat processed foods is making them sick and setting them up to do more harm than good. If you want to have a look for yourself check out www.westonaprice.org
Cheers smile

Weston Price was a dentist a few decades ago who did worldwide studies on the links between nutrition and tooth decay. He found that people groups around the world (I think he studied people groups on every continent) who were eating their traditional diets had hardly any incidence of tooth decay, but that those who had started eating diets introduced by westerners (highly processed, lots of sugars, etc) rapidly and really drastically increased the amount of tooth decay that they suffered, and their whole facial structures began to change, as well as their overall physique and general health. The photos he took of the differences between those of the same culture eating different diets are quite extraordinary. His whole idea was to find out what those cultures who did not suffer greatly from tooth decay were doing, as compared to the kind of stuff that we do/eat.

The WAPF diet is based on the traditional diets of those cultures around the world that had little to no incidence of tooth decay, and is aimed at overall physical health and wellbeing. Price's book, Nutrition & Physical Degeneration, takes you through all of his findings. Then there are a couple of other books written by others to kind of follow up on Price's writings, which form the basis of the diet. The first is Nourishing Traditions, and the other is Eat Fat, Lose Fat.

Basically, your standard western diet is about as bad as it gets, with the highly processed nature of the food that we eat - and we're so used to it that we don't even realise the damage that we're doing to ourselves. It's fascinating stuff!

Might have a sticky beak tomorrow....thanks for that smile
where on earth did you get raw milk from? Is it more expensive to follow that line of eating? And have you noticed a difference, and if so, what?

where on earth did you get raw milk from? Is it more expensive to follow that line of eating? And have you noticed a difference, and if so, what?

straight from the farm before it is pasterised and harmonised. Growing up on dairy farm we were brought up on it, nothing like not having to heat the milk for your weatbix cos it was still warm from the cow BLERGH.

hi, we get milk from a local farm which grass feeds its cows (grain fed cows produce inferior milk) at $1/ litre.
Personally ive noticed little difference in cost as we no longer buy anything in a packet except a few tins of salmon, tomatoes and coconut cream.
Ive noticed a HUGE difference in my health my eczemas gone my asthma very nearly gone, i was able to breastfeed my son with tons of good milk i have heaps more energy and ive lost 10kg since he was born 8 months ago without doing anything extra. (i still get tired tho coz 2 boys are really busy!)My 2yo is strong and healthy and loves this way of eating he never gets fed commercial cereals and very rarely has much junk food as it makes him really grumpy!
The untold story of milk is a great book for extra info and Nourishing traditions cookbook is fantastic for recipes and information.
smile all the best

I think this is really interesting and have always thought most modern illnesses have developed because of how overprocessed our lives are.

I'd love to follow this type of lifestyle but I think it would be hard to follow it 100%.

I've only had a very brief look at the website but I'm curious to know where you stand with medicines and medical help. I'm not trying to start a debate - just curious; does the lifestyle promote natural therapies instead of modern medicine?

Rach
Sign in to follow this topic