Huggies Forum

"boys" and "girls" toys Lock Rss

DS is 3 years old and has two comfort toys.
A teddy called Ted and a Minnie mouse stuffed toy.
He has the whole mickey crew but is attached to Minnie.
I don't have a problem with it but DH seems to.
When we go out if Minnie is with us she has to stay in the car, but Ted can come.

Do you think there is a problem with a boy liking Minnie mouse?

Is it just a Dad thing?
i dont think there is a problem with that my dd is 4 and ds is 2 they both love playing with each others stuff i will often find my son in the toy room putting the babies to bed and walking around with bob the builder in the stroller
so my point is really that at such a young age i dont think it should be an issue
It's a Dad thing

DS has all of my old toys at my parents that he LOVES playing with, DP used to always roll his eyes until I pulled him up on it. To DS they're just toys! He even asks for 'girls' toys when he sees them advertised
Not at all, at his age he doesn't know minnie is a girl! My DD loves diggers at the moment so we spent ages in the Warehouse recently in the "boys" toys section looking at cars and trucks trying to find her a good digger (ended up settling for a bulldozer). Whatever toy works I say.

I do think it is more of a Dad issue, most Dad's seem ok to have their daughter dressed in blue but wouldn't dare allow them dress in pink. If it bothers you talk to him about it, but really I wouldn't worry as long as your child doesn't mind leaving minnie behind. I'm a big believer in pick your battles though.

Not at all, at his age he doesn't know minnie is a girl! My DD loves diggers at the moment so we spent ages in the Warehouse recently in the "boys" toys section looking at cars and trucks trying to find her a good digger (ended up settling for a bulldozer). Whatever toy works I say.

I do think it is more of a Dad issue, most Dad's seem ok to have their daughter dressed in blue but wouldn't dare allow them dress in pink. If it bothers you talk to him about it, but really I wouldn't worry as long as your child doesn't mind leaving minnie behind. I'm a big believer in pick your battles though.

I asked DH the other day if we had a girl and she liked Mickey would he have a problem with it.
He said he doesn't have a problem with it but he doesn't want DS picked on by others because he carries around a Minnie mouse.

DS knows minnie is a girl, he just doesn't care smile
He calls her his best girl

I asked DH the other day if we had a girl and she liked Mickey would he have a problem with it.
He said he doesn't have a problem with it but he doesn't want DS picked on by others because he carries around a Minnie mouse.

DS knows minnie is a girl, he just doesn't care smile
He calls her his best girl

its a dad thing... I'm going to buy the lil man one of those cleaning stations in the toys sales with a lil broom, mop n vacuum cleaner because he loves playing with them around the house n frankly dont care that its a "girls" toy cuz its something he loves (n will stop him stealing my broom hopefully lolol)

"Best girl" that's adorable!!!!!

Tell your DH he won't get picked on because by the time kindy/school come around the need to carry around a comfort toy decreases.

My son often goes in and plays tea sets babies etc and he's 8.

Mum of three amazing people

DS loves playing with his cousins prams and dolls (he says baby crying and pats its back LOL) and he loves his toy vacume and he follows me around the house wen im vacumng (he does the same with DP with his toy lawn mower lol)

he loves kitchen stuff like play food...so im thinkin of getting him a play oven from one of the toy sales....

i dont think DP really cared that much wen DS went though the stage of carring his "baby" around LOL...
from what iv seen its a dad thing lol my friends little man loves dolly prams and looking after baby which i think is great considering she is due in 3 weeks but dad wants him having nothing to do with them lol DD LOVES cars trucks etc we went shopping and she got to pick a toy and she picked cars and people couldnt believe i was getting them for her??? thats what she chose im not going to force things onto her lol
I think it is a dad thing.

Last week I painted my nails an aqua blue colour, so both Ben & Erin naturally wanted some too.

I found a bottle of pink avon nail tint and painted Erin's nails, then found a bottle of clear to do Ben's. DP wasn't overly impressed but I done it anyway.

I figured, why should he miss out just cos he's a boy, and by painting clear, he was happy cos he got some and no-one else was any the wiser, so it was a win-win. He just had really shiny nails for a few days...lol

I have also bought Erin a few trains cos Ben won't willingly let her play with his.

I really don't see a problem with it.

Ben 25/10/06 + Erin 10/9/08

Lexi's favourite toy is a train set. She also likes other stuff of course, my little ponies, and her "comfort" toys are elephants, but as far as playing with toys goes, anything with wheels is what floats her boat!

I really don't think there's a problem if kids like any particular toy and it isn't geared toward their gender. I think it is more the parents than the kids that care most of the time anyway. As long as they're happy, that's really all that matters don't you think? smile
haha deff a dad thing although i also dont want my son playing with girl stuff i wont make an issue of it if he does though.

girls are diff , girls that do car stuff is cool. i race cars myself. i service my own car etc etc. people have always thought it was pretty cool that i do that stuff , ive been into it since i was young.

i think dads are scared of their sons being gay... ??? or feminine??? coz its not very socially acceptable. (argh i hate that but its kinda true)

although, my best mate is a gay guy and he lived with us when DS was born and my DP had no issue with that lol
Sign in to follow this topic