Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. today is my first day using MCN ...I dont know if I am impressed

today is my first day using MCN ...I dont know if I am impressed Lock Rss

so I thought I would give them a go ..I wash every day now so the extra washing is not an issue for me anymore and that was my only gripe with them ..I was to lazy to wash them lol lol ..

So she has had one on all day (she wakes up with poo so I dont have to scrape anything off into the loo lol lol ll ..otherwise it would be a no go for me lol ) ...she is now in her third nappy and fourth inner ... should I be going thrrough so many ...they feel damp to touch and when I changed the inner I really could have changed the whole thing cause the leg part was damp ..but not as damp as the others were ...

she is not a huge wee'er ...I go through about 5 disposies a day .. I dont change her during the night and she has never wet through and I use Huggies .. I used to have a bit of a problem with poo explosions but not so much anymore ...

I bought goodmumma brand and they are OSFM ... they seem to fit really nicely and not gaping nor are they to tight ..I did buy them second hand ..could that be the issue I wonder ???

can anyone help me ??

so I thought I would give them a go ..I wash every day now so the extra washing is not an issue for me anymore and that was my only gripe with them ..I was to lazy to wash them lol lol ..

So she has had one on all day (she wakes up with poo so I dont have to scrape anything off into the loo lol lol ll ..otherwise it would be a no go for me lol ) ...she is now in her third nappy and fourth inner ... should I be going thrrough so many ...they feel damp to touch and when I changed the inner I really could have changed the whole thing cause the leg part was damp ..but not as damp as the others were ...

she is not a huge wee'er ...I go through about 5 disposies a day .. I dont change her during the night and she has never wet through and I use Huggies .. I used to have a bit of a problem with poo explosions but not so much anymore ...

I bought goodmumma brand and they are OSFM ... they seem to fit really nicely and not gaping nor are they to tight ..I did buy them second hand ..could that be the issue I wonder ???

can anyone help me ??

How many times have you washed them Frankie? I found that mine weren't really absorbent til I'd washed them 4-5 times. You will def use more than if you were using disposables, which is why you need so many. But different brands fit differently, and will wet through in some areas faster than other brands. Make sure you're using just a little washing powder too, you don't need a whole scoop each time. Maybe a run through the drier will help fluff them up a bit.

How many times have you washed them Frankie? I found that mine weren't really absorbent til I'd washed them 4-5 times. You will def use more than if you were using disposables, which is why you need so many. But different brands fit differently, and will wet through in some areas faster than other brands. Make sure you're using just a little washing powder too, you don't need a whole scoop each time. Maybe a run through the drier will help fluff them up a bit.

thanks ...I forgot to mention that i bought them second hand just to see if I like them first .... but I will put them in the dryer to fluff them up a little bit again ...thanks smile

he he he ..now I cant read properly lol lol ..I did say they were second hand but couldnt see that I had mentioned it when I reread ....oh crap ...now my head hurts lol lol lol

How old is your DD?
My DD who is nearly 2 has been using about 3-4 MCN's during the day since about 12 months old, maybe one extra if she is extra poopy. I use disposy's at night as I dont want it to soak out so I cant help you there.

I use Pea Pods and Issy Bear Nappies and have found I have to change her the same amount in either brand

Do you know what type of nappy it is? Is it a 'fitted' nappy (which means it doesn't have a waterproof layer & the whole nappy is absorbant). If it is a fitted they require a waterproof cover. Then you would be required to change the whole nappy, but not the cover (although they do recommend letting them 'air' between nappy changes, so use in a rotation).

If they aren't a 'fitted' nappy, don't put it in the dryer!! They have a waterproof layer on the inside of the nappy (normally PUL), that doesn't like going in the dryer (I think on a low setting it is okay for short term). Boosters are fine to put in the dryer just not the shell of the nappy (unless it's a fitted, coz then it doesn't have a waterproof layer.

Also make sure the booster 'inner' isn't sticking out anywhere or touching the outside shell, otherwise wicking occurs and the outer of the nappy gets wet.

I'm only just learning about MCN myself & have a whole heap ready to go for the next addition.

http://nappyaddicts.com.au/index.php

This site has heaps of info on MCN! They also have a 'marketplace' for buying & selling 2nd hand nappies.

Hope I've made sense!!

How old is your DD?
My DD who is nearly 2 has been using about 3-4 MCN's during the day since about 12 months old, maybe one extra if she is extra poopy. I use disposy's at night as I dont want it to soak out so I cant help you there.

I use Pea Pods and Issy Bear Nappies and have found I have to change her the same amount in either brand

3-4!!! Wow....she musn't do very many wees!! People generally use more disposables then that!

To the OP. You can also put a piece of microfleece in as a liner. that helps keep the moisture away from bubs bum. You do generally use more mcns then disposables. We tend to use approx 8 in a day.
Also, they will feel damp. Disposables keep the moisture right away but very few cloth ones do. Hence the changing more often.
I've never heard of that brand F but from what I just googled it looks as though you need to use a nappy cover with them.
Yep, I had a quick google too, as I hadn't heard of them, and it does look as though they are a fitted, and require a cover.

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you all .thanks for the replies !!

so I have to buy a waterproof cover to go over the whole nappy ??? oh bugger ... so do I just get some of those plastic pilcher things from Big W ?? I dont know if I want her wrapped in plastic .....

should I try a diffrent brand ???

im just getting into MCN too. I bought baby beehinds mulitfit which are good and jsut bought some baby safari ones which are great too- neither brand requires a cover you change the whole nappy. The website for baby safari are clearing out a whole heap of nappies to make way for a new model so i bought 4 from there for only $15 each and had no probs so far. i go through the same number as disposables
Sign in to follow this topic