Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Do you recon people get to carried away with cleaning ??

Do you recon people get to carried away with cleaning ?? Rss

I clean for about an hour a day ...

I clean my toilet every morning and wipe over the bathroom bench (just with a paper towel ..I dont use pine-o-clean every time maybe once a week ) and grab the clothes out of the bathroom adn put them in the washing machine ..then I come down stairs and threaten Luke that all his toys are going up the vacume if they arnt off the floor ..then I clean the kitchen (takes about 10min cause Jono loads the dishwasher at night )that has all taken me around 15 min with a baby on my hip lol lol then when Grace gos to bed I hang the clothes out on the line and mop the floors bathroom adn toilet and hallway ..when she gos to bed again in the arvo I do something diffrent ..like change the beds or clean the bathroom properly ..or somethine else ..but only one thing ...then I go and grab the cloths I hung out int he morning and fold them while watching Ready Steady Cook lol lol ...peel veg for dinner and I am done ... that all together takes me around an hour ...but it's not even a solid hour of cleaning ... I hear some people clean all day and it is never ending ...If I dont do this every day that I am all sorts of mess as I only have a super small house so it is certainly not hard ..

How long do you clean for a day ???

OMG!

That's more than I do on a specific cleaning day! LMAO!! laugh

I absolutely despise cleaning - I clean the kitchen every day - just whack dirty dishes into dishwasher and wipe benches.

Hmmmm. Honestly that's about it on a daily basis! lol

Every night I'll do a quick tidy of the living room - which just involves putting all toys on the kids' lounge thingy and putting dirty clothes in their baskets.

I just do washing whenever it's needed... altho it takes me several days to actually put it away laugh

So from what you've written - you're a cleaning superstar in my books!!! lol

I'm like you. My house doesn't get that dirty that I need to clean it all day long! I do about an hour in the morning (and that includes vac/washing/kitchen/firewood) and cook tea at night. That's it. On Mondays I clean from top to bottom, including dusting and changing sheets, and on Fridays I do a bit more than the usual daily routine so the house is clean for the weekend. But I have better things to do than clean all day! I do have a spring clean occassionally but I keep my cupboards clean and tidy, wipe my fridge out regularly and wash windows for fun so there is never that much to do smile
I don't think I even do an hours worth of cleaning every day LMAO I'm being generous with the times lol

Everyday I:
Put Dishes away before breaky
Wash dishes after Lunch
Put washing on
Hang washing out
Wipe over benches/table
Put Dishes away before dinner
Wash dishes/bottles after dinner
Put washing away from day before

Every 2nd-3rd day I:
Vacuum
Toilet/Bathroom

Some days though I skip washing as there isn't much. Once a week change linnen- normally on the weekend and still it equates to less than an hours work a day because DP normally does the dishes and hangs out/puts on some washing.

I really don't think my house gets very messy/dirty and noone has ever complained about it lol
Not much day to day as I don't have the time. I do a quick tidy, dishes, sterilise the pump parts and the bottles and load of washing on a work/ uni day. On my days off I do the vacuuming, wiping down benches, sheets and towels, toilets etc... once the girls are in bed. If the girls are at daycare and I don't need to be anywhere I try to spend most of the day doing the jobs I wouldn't normally get around to. I also clear out the fridge and cupboard once a fortnight.

The upside to being a studying/ working mummy is we are not home much so the girls only make a couple of hours worth of mess a day LOL.
see I recon my fridge could use some tender loving care from time to time as we only clean it out when there is no room for anything else to go in lol lol

I am also pretty slack with the dusting side of things ..

I dont clean up outside as much as I should so our yard sometimes looks like a refugee camp lol lol

Oh and my car ......my car is disgusting at times ..inside and out !! lol lol

yeah my windows could also use some tender loving care ...they still have dripps on them from where we had the house sprayed for spiders in January lol lol ..oh well ..one day !! lol lol

I'm like you. My house doesn't get that dirty that I need to clean it all day long! I do about an hour in the morning (and that includes vac/washing/kitchen/firewood) and cook tea at night. That's it. On Mondays I clean from top to bottom, including dusting and changing sheets, and on Fridays I do a bit more than the usual daily routine so the house is clean for the weekend. But I have better things to do than clean all day! I do have a spring clean occassionally but I keep my cupboards clean and tidy, wipe my fridge out regularly and wash windows for fun so there is never that much to do smile

I'm the same, I think if you keep on top of it-it (the house) really doesn't have the time to get dirty!
I like to get it done in the morning so I have the rest of the day to have fun with the girls, do dinner then relax with my husband!
Fridays I also do a bit more so the house is nice & clean for the weekend!

I don't mind cleaning at all, I like feeling on top of things & it is probably my only form of excercise (apart from playing with the girls & shopping)!

Daily i will do the dishes, vaccum and mop the kitchen,toilet and bathroom. Do the never ending pile of washing that lives in my laundry. Wipe over the kitchen benches, throw whatever the older 2 have left lying around and shut their doors so i dont have to see the mess in their rooms.

Then on sat morning, i get the kids to strip their beds and put the fresh linen on, strip and remake mine. make them tidy their rooms so i can at least see the floor wink

But it never takes that long. Probably an hour over the day. I dont have a big house.

I clean for about an hour a day ...

I clean my toilet every morning and wipe over the bathroom bench (just with a paper towel ..I dont use pine-o-clean every time maybe once a week ) and grab the clothes out of the bathroom adn put them in the washing machine ..then I come down stairs and threaten Luke that all his toys are going up the vacume if they arnt off the floor ..then I clean the kitchen (takes about 10min cause Jono loads the dishwasher at night )that has all taken me around 15 min with a baby on my hip lol lol then when Grace gos to bed I hang the clothes out on the line and mop the floors bathroom adn toilet and hallway ..when she gos to bed again in the arvo I do something diffrent ..like change the beds or clean the bathroom properly ..or somethine else ..but only one thing ...then I go and grab the cloths I hung out int he morning and fold them while watching Ready Steady Cook lol lol ...peel veg for dinner and I am done ... that all together takes me around an hour ...but it's not even a solid hour of cleaning ... I hear some people clean all day and it is never ending ...If I dont do this every day that I am all sorts of mess as I only have a super small house so it is certainly not hard ..

How long do you clean for a day ???

Aaah, definately NOT a slob hun!

I'm lucky on the outside front, DF does the gardening, mowing and cleaning outside. The car gets cleaned on the inside about once a month, usually when the girls have fallen asleep in the car and I don't want to wake them LOL. The outside of the car is something DF does when he is bored and trying to find jobs DD1 can help him with. DF's car isn't used very much so it doesn't get very dirty inside or out.
Sign in to follow this topic