Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What highchair would you recommend?

What highchair would you recommend? Rss

Hi Ladies,
My MIL has asked what we want for our baby shower present as she wants to get us something we really want and will use. After discussion between DF and I, we decided a high chair would come in handy.

We arent sure how much she wants to spend, but we really like the Chicco Polly Magic, as it is suitable from birth, but it is expensive.

What highchairs can you ladies recommend that are suitable from birth??

Thanks
Nic

Hi. We never actually bought a high chair but used a "healthy care fisher price booster seat. It straps on top of your normal dining room chair, and is great for taking on holidays as it so small or even if you go out somewhere that doesn't have high chairs. We did get given a second hand high chair when our first was born, but we found the tray was really high and that the booster seat was a lot easier for them (especially when it comes to finger foods. Also found it good that when they were a bit bigger they can just sit at the table in the booster seat without the tray and be part of the family. In our little play group (5 mums) none of us have had a high chair, all used a booster seat and we all think thy are great! They are in the big w catalogue this week for $55.
The only prob being that if bub is stil not very strong in his sitting when you start solids they might need more support than this seat can give. I started DD1 at 6 months and DD2 at 5 months and they both sat really well in it.
Hope this helps you out, have a good day.
Apparently Choice magazine reviewed them all and it is the Ikea one that has come out on top. It is very basic and I guess that's what makes it safe, easy to clean etc. I think they are around $60.
I would recommend NOT getting one with that puffy material on the seat...there will be alot of food spilt in it & they are so hard to clean & keep clean!
We have bought the IKEA one this time, it's very basic & will be super easy to wipe clean, it's not big & bulky either! It was only around $50

I have the ikea one! Best thing ever! It's great as it is so simple, no crevices for food to get stuck in, easy to pull apart and transport if you need to, small enough to fit anywhere, looks good (I like simple things) and so easy to clean. It's not suitable for a newborn though, I wasn't aware that any highchairs were??? blink

I have the ikea one! Best thing ever! It's great as it is so simple, no crevices for food to get stuck in, easy to pull apart and transport if you need to, small enough to fit anywhere, looks good (I like simple things) and so easy to clean. It's not suitable for a newborn though, I wasn't aware that any highchairs were??? blink

The Chicco Polly Magic one is. Check out this link to the website..

http://www.chicco.com.au/products/Product.aspx?ProductKey=0ca3c8e9-66cb-4a68-801c-339064ddc57a

The Chicco Polly Magic one is. Check out this link to the website..

http://www.chicco.com.au/products/Product.aspx?ProductKey=0ca3c8e9-66cb-4a68-801c-339064ddc57a

Already done! laugh Guess it's like a bouncer/swing and highchair all in one (but it doesn't bounce or swing does it? Just something for them to sit in)? Personally I don't have the room to have something like that out all the time iykwim. How much is it?
Around the $320 mark...

Totally agree with the ikea high chair. My friend has it. It is light, easy to clean and cheap.
I wanted to get one but my in laws got us this fugly fisher price aquarium eye-sore. You know puffy seat, heaps of gaps for food to get stuck in, that type...yuk.

Just looked at link it looks like a nightmare....no offense
To be honest it seems like a huge waste of money. You could get the ikea high chair (which is awesome!!) and a bouncer or swing for under that amount

I totally agree with most of you. We brought the IKEA one, and its great. Easy to clean, simple etc...
Choice magazine rated the white plastic Ikea high chair as the best on the market. But it really depends on what you want, we went with a padded seat that was adjustable with their age and growth. If we have another baby, we'll definitley be getting the Ikea one!

woops, little belly bean has already told you what I wrote. smile
Sign in to follow this topic